PDA

View Full Version : Sawtooth FS/FT...

MacAztec
Mar 29, 2005, 04:32 PM
I want to let go of my Sawtooth PowerMac G4. Here are the specs:

G4 500MHz Processor (AGP Model, Upgradable)
Radeon 8500 Pro Video Card (64MB DDR)
Pioneer SuperDrive
768MB PC 133 RAM
80GB Hard Drive
Iomega Zip Drive (Built-in)

Extras:
ViewSonic A70f CRT (Very nice)
(3) 32GB IBM Hard Drives
(1) 18GB 10kRPM SCSI Drive w/ Mac Compatible SCSI Card
(1) 4-Port Ethernet Card (PCI) for Multiple Connections

The machine comes with a fresh install of Panther, and iLife '05. I have Pre-Ordered 10.4 (Tiger), and I will install it if I have it in by the time of the sale.

I am looking to sell this machine for money, or trade it for something. Let me know if you have something to trade, or you are interested in buying.

I can provide pictures if you need them, just give me your eMail address. I have done previous sales on MacRumors, and I can refer you to the members I did deals with.

Thanks.

debroglie
Mar 29, 2005, 04:58 PM
I want to let go of my Sawtooth PowerMac G4. Here are the specs:

G4 500MHz Processor (AGP Model, Upgradable)
Radeon 8500 Pro Video Card (64MB DDR)
Pioneer SuperDrive
768MB PC 133 RAM
80GB Hard Drive
Iomega Zip Drive (Built-in)

Extras:
ViewSonic A70f CRT (Very nice)
(3) 32GB IBM Hard Drives
(1) 18GB 10kRPM SCSI Drive w/ Mac Compatible SCSI Card
(1) 4-Port Ethernet Card (PCI) for Multiple Connections

The machine comes with a fresh install of Panther, and iLife '05. I have Pre-Ordered 10.4 (Tiger), and I will install it if I have it in by the time of the sale.

I am looking to sell this machine for money, or trade it for something. Let me know if you have something to trade, or you are interested in buying.

I can provide pictures if you need them, just give me your eMail address. I have done previous sales on MacRumors, and I can refer you to the members I did deals with.

Thanks.

Are you including the Tiger and iLife 05 cds?

MacAztec
Mar 29, 2005, 06:17 PM
Nope, I am just going to do a fresh install for the buyer, update everything, install iLife '05, and leave it at that.

bousozoku
Mar 29, 2005, 06:27 PM
Nope, I am just going to do a fresh install for the buyer, update everything, install iLife '05, and leave it at that.

You can only claim what you're going to also have available on CD-ROMs.

MacAztec
Mar 29, 2005, 06:45 PM
You can only claim what you're going to also have available on CD-ROMs.

So I can't install a system? Ok buyers, I am "claiming" that I will "not include" anything (PM me and I will tell you what I will include, ok?)

Anyways, who's interested! I want to sell this thing so I can go on a trip to Europe this summer!

MacAztec
Mar 29, 2005, 07:18 PM
Also, as far as the mouse/keyboard goes:

I can include the Original Graphite Mouse/Keyboard, or, I can include my Logitech Cordless Elite Duo. Very nice!

debroglie
Mar 29, 2005, 09:43 PM
So I can't install a system? Ok buyers, I am "claiming" that I will "not include" anything (PM me and I will tell you what I will include, ok?)

Anyways, who's interested! I want to sell this thing so I can go on a trip to Europe this summer!

You can install it... but only if you include the license/discs.

Nermal
Mar 29, 2005, 09:53 PM
That model probably came with OS 8.6. If you still have the original 8.6 CD then you should include it with the system. At the time, Apple was often using model-specific CDs, so the CD that came with the system probably won't work on any other Mac, so there's really no need for you to hang onto it.

However, to include OS X on the system, you will need to supply its CDs too, because it's not a free upgrade.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit :)

Doctor Q
Mar 29, 2005, 10:17 PM
Is this the same system for sale in your FS: PowerMac G4 500MHz thread?

MacAztec
Mar 29, 2005, 10:52 PM
Yep, same one. I think I will take it to eBay, seems like there are WAY to many restrictions here. I have seen many many systems sold here (macrumors) with OS X on them, and they didnt include the OS X CDs.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, PM me, or EMail me at jcarian@gmail.com and I will include whatever you want (just talk to me off the forums)

WinterMute
Mar 30, 2005, 02:49 AM
Yep, same one. I think I will take it to eBay, seems like there are WAY to many restrictions here. I have seen many many systems sold here (macrumors) with OS X on them, and they didnt include the OS X CDs.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, PM me, or EMail me at jcarian@gmail.com and I will include whatever you want (just talk to me off the forums)

You seem to be missing the point, all Mac systems come with a pre-installed OS, and CD/DVDs to allow re-installation. You should include those discs with the sale and any other legitimate discs you have to dispose of.

You should not install software (including OS upgrades) and not include the discs unless they were free upgrades.

Furthermore, you shouldn't post multiple threads.

If you don't like the restrictions on this, a privately run forum, please do as you suggest, sell it on e-bay.

wnameth
Mar 30, 2005, 07:26 AM
how many freaking threads do you need to sell a Mac???
:rolleyes:

and where are the moderators?!?!?

This is Mac Aztecs 3rd or 4th post on this

adamjay
Mar 31, 2005, 02:44 AM
obviously there aren't ENOUGH mods on these forums if you've been allowed to have 3 ACTIVE threads selling the SAME machine.

and restrictions protect buyers. sorry if it means you can't sell your Mac as easy as you could before. You'd think 3 threads would do it, but i guess not.

possession of stolen goods is illegal. (and that is exactly what this single user license software that is licensed on multiple computers is, including the one you are selling) do you know what a EULA is?

if your pre-order of panther is a family or multiple-license version, then i will shut up. But something tells me you just aren't that honest a person.

paperinacup
Mar 31, 2005, 03:33 AM
Ummm I thought you were leaving for eBay?

:rolleyes: Guess not......

edesignuk
Mar 31, 2005, 03:46 AM
It's fairly obvious that you don't like our Marketplace and it's "Rules", or the mods enforcing them, so take it to eBay.

Enough arguing.