PDA

View Full Version : I installed iOS 5 without being part of the iPhone dev program, how can I downgrade?

cliko
Jun 25, 2011, 04:34 AM
Being the idiot that I am, I tried to install iOS 5 on my iPod Touch 4G, without reading that I needed to be part of the iPhone Dev Program. Now, it wont let me revert to iOS 4 or use iOS 5. iTunes says "this device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program". So is there any way that I can downgrade to iOS 4 or use iOS 5 without paying the $100?

If i found a way to use iOS 5, the first thing I'd do would be downgrade back to iOS 4 because I feel like a total tool. I am not trying to get a UDID registration slot or whatever.

And btw I know I'm an idiot so please dont try to lecture me lol

blueroom
Jun 25, 2011, 04:36 AM
Well if you continued to read you'd soon see you cannot downgrade. You'll have to restore it as new.

cliko
Jun 25, 2011, 04:41 AM
So how can I restore my iPod touch? There are no buttons on the iTunes iPod window.

NutsNGum
Jun 25, 2011, 05:01 AM
Generally speaking, you can't downgrade at all. You'll just need to wait until the Gold Master arrives.

That said, if you can find a Dev willing to add your iPod to their testing devices within their license, that'll allow it to run.

Make a thread in the Developers and coding section, you might get a friendly dev willing to help you out. They get 100 or so devices to add so chances are they might have a free space.

cliko
Jun 25, 2011, 05:10 AM
will do, thank you so much!!

ohaithar
Jun 25, 2011, 07:34 AM
Apple is still signing on to 4.3.3
So if you have your SHSH blobs saved up, you should be able to downgrade

Kaydin
Jun 25, 2011, 07:51 AM
Yup. Just get into DFU, and restore to iOS 4.3.3.

SDub90
Jun 25, 2011, 07:59 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You *may* have to download tiny umbrella and use "kick out of recovery" first - in fact, that should be all that you have to do.

jacksam101
Jun 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
From the Apple Dev site "Read Before Downloading section"

"Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software."

Insilin1i
Jun 25, 2011, 09:14 AM
Just enter DFU and click restore on itunes and it should bring you back to 4.3.3? Worked fine on my iPhone.

Sjhonny
Jun 25, 2011, 12:19 PM
Generally speaking, you can't downgrade at all. You'll just need to wait until the Gold Master arrives.

That said, if you can find a Dev willing to add your iPod to their testing devices within their license, that'll allow it to run.

Make a thread in the Developers and coding section, you might get a friendly dev willing to help you out. They get 100 or so devices to add so chances are they might have a free space.

It's against forum policy to ask for them ... States the post above the stickies.

Tashier
Oct 5, 2011, 03:10 PM
Since I'm a windows user and couldn't update to iTunes 10.5 Beta 9 I stupidly updated to IOS Beta not realizing I'd be locked out. So I'm in the same boat. PM me if need be, thanks.

Migi
Oct 8, 2011, 11:08 AM
Since I'm a windows user and couldn't update to iTunes 10.5 Beta 9 I stupidly updated to IOS Beta not realizing I'd be locked out. So I'm in the same boat. PM me if need be, thanks.

i have the same problem, with my iPad2. did you solve the problem perhaps?
hope to hear from you. thanks in advance

fenderbass146
Oct 12, 2011, 01:16 PM
i have the same problem, with my iPad2. did you solve the problem perhaps?
hope to hear from you. thanks in advance

I don't get it what the problem is....DFU restore you set....