Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
When I use the two finger tap (right "click", but no trackpad click), there seems to be a small delay of 1 or 2 seconds before any menu will appear. This happens in Firefox, Chrome, in the Dock, and even in Finder.

Is there any way to fix this?

Note: There is no delay when using single finger tap (left "click", but no trackpad click).

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I'm not seeing this "issue." Are you on the latest dev preview?

Yes, I am on the latest developer preview with all updates from Software Update.

I can recreate this on a Macbook Air Rev. B and a 2011 Core i7 Macbook Pro (one with RunCore SSD and one with official Apple SSD) both using File Vault.

Last edited by a moderator:

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
See if you have any other 2-finger gestures enabled. Maybe 2-finger double-tap to zoom in Safari, you should disable that if there is such an option.

I know that in Snow Leopard, enabling drag lock causes the single click to have a slight delay, which is extremely annoying.

registered

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2006
Solution!

Dearest LinMac and anyone else it concerns,

I too had this problem, and believe me, I wanted to blow my brains out. It was THE MOST irritating thing about Lion for me, because I'd become so reliant on the right tap speed. I searched for solutions and it seemed no one had this problem. I wanted to revert to Snow Leopard.

Disable "Smart Zoom" in the Scroll & Zoom panel in Trackpad in System Preferences. Your right taps will now respond as though they are powered by ten million thoroughbred horses on the highest mountain peak of the most distance and extraordinary planet.

Your bud,
R

When I use the two finger tap (right "click", but no trackpad click), there seems to be a small delay of 1 or 2 seconds before any menu will appear. This happens in Firefox, Chrome, in the Dock, and even in Finder.

Note: There is no delay when using single finger tap (left "click", but no trackpad click).

Reactions: Alfred.Woodden

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007

Disable the smart zoom in Trackpad options in System Preferences. It’ll get rid of the lag.

Reactions: PghMike4

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
YES! Thank you! I really didn't mind it but it was an annoyance. I JUST noticed this too when playing with my mouse and realized that the menu appeared almost instantly with a mouse vs. a slight delay when using the trackpad! I guess disabling Smart Zoom makes sense because the software is trying to determine whether or not you want to zoom in something hence the delay.

stankuo

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009

I too had this problem, and believe me, I wanted to blow my brains out. It was THE MOST irritating thing about Lion for me, because I'd become so reliant on the right tap speed. I searched for solutions and it seemed no one had this problem. I wanted to revert to Snow Leopard.

Disable "Smart Zoom" in the Scroll & Zoom panel in Trackpad in System Preferences. Your right taps will now respond as though they are powered by ten million thoroughbred horses on the highest mountain peak of the most distance and extraordinary planet.

Your bud,
R

Thank you sir. This solves the 2 finger secondary issue immediately.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Your bud,
R

THANK YOU! That was driving me crazy and I thought there was something wrong with my laptop. I never used smart zoom anyway.

Velorium

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009

Your bud,
R

Fixed my problems too, many thanks!

roncool

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2013

Your bud,
R

Mate, literally only made this account to thank you, I was so scared that my Macbook Pro was slowing down.

Alfred.Woodden

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2007
Norway
Solution!

Your bud,
R
I know it's been 11 years, but thank you from the future!

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
On my MacBook Santa Rosa 2007, I only could install Snow Leopard or Lion. It was really no bang for the buck.
👎

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.