Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
Hello all,

I use my Macbook Air to edit videos taken with my video camera. I then finish and save them, all using iMovie.

I would like to put one or two of these on my iPad2, so i can share it informally with others without carrying my MBA. I can not figure out how to do this, please help. I am new to OSX as well as iOS, so i maybe missing something real obvious

I am sorry if this has been discussed before.

Nov 28, 2010
located
iMovie > Share >>

MR_iMovie%3EiPad_1.png

MR_iMovie%3EiPad_2.png

MR_iMovie%3EiPad_3.png

Last edited:

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks very much, I am doing this now. :)

One more question, I typically take the Projects and Events off the MacBook on to my Iomega drive, leaving only the the .mov that Quick Time plays. I noticed that Quick Time also has the "share" but not for iPad, so I will not be able to take this route, correct?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks very much, I am doing this now. :)

One more question, I typically take the Projects and Events off the MacBook on to my Iomega drive, leaving only the the .mov that Quick Time plays. I noticed that Quick Time also has the "share" but not for iPad, so I will not be able to take this route, correct?

You will be able to take this route too, just use the Apple TV or Computer preset in there.

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
I saved them as 1080 and the iPad must only go up to 720, so it says invalid file format if I do it from Quick Time. I have to go to my project and "share" using the iPad option and upto 720 and then it will work, just like you said.

Thanks very much for all your help. :)

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
The videos need to be in .mp4 or .m4v format and be in your iTunes library, where they can be directly transferred to your iPad once you connect it to your Mac. The iPad can't play XViD or AVI files in Video player, only Apple supported formats that are supported in iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.