PDA

View Full Version : Switch Easy NUDE for iPad 2

bobright
Jun 26, 2011, 02:24 PM
I have not seen any reviews on this case does anybody own one?

Can you let us know how it is? Would a back skin fit with it?

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPad2/

SchneiderMan
Jun 26, 2011, 02:34 PM
I have not seen any reviews on this case does anybody own one?

Can you let us know how it is? Would a back skin fit with it?

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPad2/

Yes, I've reviewed it a few days ago on Gadgetmac. It will not fit a skin very well.

bobright
Jun 26, 2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, I've reviewed it a few days ago on Gadgetmac. It will not fit a skin very well.

Nice review but man that is a bummer I had high hopes of purchasing the NUDE to use with my already installed back skin. If somewhat forced and snapped on think it might be possible...though possibly damaging of the iPad?

Virgo
Jul 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
I've been using my iPad naked for 2 weeks now.. because I can't seem to decide on a case. Does anyone have the NUDE and recommend it? I really want something slim to protect from scratches.

I considered the CoverBuddy, but I don't want to plop down $30 for a back cover as well as $40 for a smart cover. Plus, from what I see.. the smart covers aren't getting much love.

The amount of options is driving me crazy. -_-

LanEvo
Jul 18, 2011, 01:33 AM
Just get a Smart Cover and a back case that supports it. That's what I have done.

malias4
Jul 18, 2011, 11:46 AM
i ve paid 490euroz for the ipad2 so im not gonna hide it in a fat case ! i have the leather smart cover and a icarbons skin on the back.. nothing more.
ehen i hold my ipad i just remove the smart cover.. looks n feels nice and stil remains slim ! :apple:

ChrisRyan
Jul 24, 2011, 06:23 PM
I have been using this case for the last couple of weeks. The combination of decent screen protective sheet and the sturdy back shell is perfect for me without adding bulk of a full case IMO. Really a snug fit though it has an ever so slight movement (like a mm if that) which concerns me as my IPhone suffered scratches in this way when a bit of whatever gets behind the shell of a similar case I had on my 3G. The alu of the iPad may fair better than the plastics though...
I got the black as the other colours are thin on the ground in the UK so far. Its more of a tinted shell than a true black though as you can still see the logo through it just slightly. Adds next to nothing in bulk to the iPad, weight is very much unchanged too.
Snaps on easily enough but is a pain to remove as it feels like you are going to break it or something.
Offers little in the way of face down protection though. Would have preferred a slight overlapping lip to keep the screen off any surface at all.
I expect it will save from a drop if it hits the edge but it will probably be a one shot thing - most of this type of stuff breaks after impact from previous experiences with similar plastics (had very similar shell type on my iPhone 4 which did save from a single drop on a corner)