PDA

View Full Version : Power support AntiGlare does it degrade clarity?

bobright
Jun 26, 2011, 07:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

So was thinking of getting a PS Anti Glare for my new iPad 2 but couple questions.

Is the quality that much of a difference from the Clear as far as clarity? Also does it work well where the iPad screen isnt a mirror? :)

Nishi100
Jun 26, 2011, 08:02 PM
I have the PS.

It work fantastically, reducing glare and reflections; using it in the bus / train (or car) is much better now - then reflections of bright lights don't constantly interrupt me. Also, it reduces the appearance of dust the screen. It is, however, harder to get the smudges off it - harder than the normal glass screen - I just breath on it, then wipe it down, then it goes away easily (remember, smudges are less frequent with it on - I can sometimes go on for days without wiping it down. Otherwise, before, I was always wiping it down [no screen protector])

All of screen protectors degrade the clarity of the screen; PS just doesn't degrade it as much - almost unnoticeable. One thing I've noticed is: if it's on full brightness, in a not-so-bright environment, the iPad appears grainy - like the view when you wipe grease / oil on your iPad's unprotected screen. Not a big deal: it's only noticeable if you put it to full brightness, in OK light - bad idea - your eyes will be incinerated. :)

donnaw
Jun 27, 2011, 03:36 AM
I have the PS anti-glare on mine. My grandkids have an iPad 1 and my husband has an ipad2. The kids have Ghost Armor on theirs and my husband has no screen protector at all. To be honest I can't tell any difference in the screen with everyday use. Having the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint properties are great. Also I really like the feel of the PS. My husband is over seas. He left before I could get a PS antiglare delivered and he asked me to have one here when he gets back in August. He misses the antiglare properties.

3goldens
Jun 27, 2011, 08:43 AM
It does not degrade clarity.
Best HD anti glare screen protector out there!

okrelayer
Jun 27, 2011, 10:10 AM
Very little graininess. I love it!

bobright
Jun 27, 2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys my mind is made up, now are there any deals out there I should be aware of? Figure I'd ask before purchasing

Ipadlover29
Jun 28, 2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys my mind is made up, now are there any deals out there I should be aware of? Figure I'd ask before purchasing

Use this code it will give you 15% off your order: CNET15

jeremy3721
Jun 29, 2011, 06:03 PM
Sorry but I have to disagree. I've been looking at the PS for a while and finally got mine today. It is grainy and does degrade the screen quality by a good margin. I'll live with it for a few months but this is my last anti glare screen protector. I'd estimate it "might" be 10% clearer than the cheaper Speck anti glare I'd used previously but so not worth the extra money. I did manage to get a 100% lint/bubble free install but it took a lot of patience and tape to remove lint as I went. It was not an easy install but probably would be if you have a very clean environment. I'd recommend steaming up a bathroom real good to cut down on floating dust.

For the money I think PS should at least include two protectors. If you are worried about graininess I suggest you just get a clear product and skip the anti glare though, as I hold my iPhone (with a clear SGP protector) up in comparison it's really amazing at how grainy this really is. Just my opinion though.

ctbear
Jun 29, 2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry but I have to disagree. I've been looking at the PS for a while and finally got mine today. It is grainy and does degrade the screen quality by a good margin. I'll live with it for a few months but this is my last anti glare screen protector. I'd estimate it "might" be 10% clearer than the cheaper Speck anti glare I'd used previously but so not worth the extra money. I did manage to get a 100% lint/bubble free install but it took a lot of patience and tape to remove lint as I went. It was not an easy install but probably would be if you have a very clean environment. I'd recommend steaming up a bathroom real good to cut down on floating dust.

For the money I think PS should at least include two protectors. If you are worried about graininess I suggest you just get a clear product and skip the anti glare though, as I hold my iPhone (with a clear SGP protector) up in comparison it's really amazing at how grainy this really is. Just my opinion though.

Agree. I personally haven't used a PS antiglare HD on my iPad 2, but I did have one for my iPhone 4.
Here is the truth: if it is an anti-fingerprint/glare film with matte finish, it is going to degrade the clarity of the screen. There is no exception.
The ones from PS are very well made and seem to have less rainbow effect, but are still very grainy. They certainly are better than most (if not all) antiglare films, but for the price they are charging I would expect 2-3 films in the package.
If anyone want an anti-fingerprint/glare film that degrades the screen least, consider SGP's ultra optic.

Benbikeman
Jul 3, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yes, very noticeable grain. I removed mine almost immediately for that reason.

Celeron
Jul 3, 2011, 11:40 AM
I got one of these last week for my ipad2. I don't think the added graininess is too bad. I also have a PS anti-glare protector on my iphone4. Heck I even have one on my old 2nd gen iPod touch. It does add a bit of graininess to the screen but I think the lack of screen glare is worth it.

It might not work for some, but it does for me. It's also nice to know there's a screen protector on it when my four year old uses the iPad to read her Thomas the Tank engine books.