PDA

View Full Version : Looks for the BEST screen protector

Arcadia310
Jun 27, 2011, 05:15 PM
I'm looking to buy the best possible screen protector for my iPad 2. All the fingerprints and grime on the iPad's screen just looks nasty and makes it much harder to see in direct sunlight.

My friend is rocking the full body zagg protectors and I like them a lot. The only thing I didn't like is how the protectors leave the iPad with this super sticky feeling and my friend said it takes forever to clean. It sounds like it would end up damaging the iPad or something. I would like something that isn't extremely sticky, but won't just fly off under pressure. Full body too. Thanks!

MiRod407
Jun 27, 2011, 05:20 PM
THIS!!!

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2/hd-anti-glare-film.html

Arcadia310
Jun 27, 2011, 05:21 PM
THIS!!!

Can anyone confirm?

Nishi100
Jun 27, 2011, 05:24 PM
Can anyone confirm?

Yep, I have it:

I have the PS.

It works fantastically, reducing glare and reflections; using it in the bus / train (or car) is much better now - reflections of bright lights don't constantly interrupt me. Also, it reduces the appearance of dust the screen. It is, however, harder to get the smudges off it - harder than the normal glass screen - I just breath on it, then wipe it down, then it goes away easily (remember, smudges are less frequent with it on - I can sometimes go on for days without wiping it down. Otherwise, before, I was always wiping it down [no screen protector])

All of screen protectors degrade the clarity of the screen; PS just doesn't degrade it as much - almost unnoticeable. One thing I've noticed is: if it's on full brightness, in a not-so-bright environment, the iPad appears slightly grainy - like the view when you wipe grease / oil on your iPad's unprotected screen. Not a big deal: it's only noticeable if you put it to full brightness, in OK light, which is bad idea as your eyes will be incinerated.

Givmeabrek
Jun 27, 2011, 09:34 PM
I don't really like most anti glare screen protectors. I tore the Powersupport anti glare off of my iPhone 4 the first day I put it on. Anyway I tried the SGB Ultra Optics (UO) protector on my iPad2:

http://www.sgpstore.com/tablets/apple/ipad-2/sgp-ipad-2-3g-wifi-screen-protector-steinheil-series.html

Perfect! Takes the glare off, hides the fingerprints pretty well and keeps the screen sharp and clear. :D

bobright
Jun 27, 2011, 10:30 PM
THIS!!!

I want one but I don't want to pay 30 bucks lol

I have a bestskinsever on the front since I got the full body mainly wanting the back for scratches - so think I'll roll with that till I catch some kind of deal

Do they ever drop in price?

Ipadlover29
Jun 28, 2011, 02:04 PM

I have a bestskinsever on the front since I got the full body mainly wanting the back for scratches - so think I'll roll with that till I catch some kind of deal

This is not much but it will save you 15% of your order with power support the code is CNET15. Hope that helps.

slapppy
Jul 3, 2011, 04:25 PM

Thats a ridiculous amount. :p

glen e
Jul 3, 2011, 04:36 PM
I had films for years...now I just use the glass and a stylus to keep screen clean...works perfect and viz is 100%.

ctbear
Jul 3, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm using el cheapos from amazon, and it works just fine. A little rainbow glare with screen off, but looks pretty much invisible with screen on.

bufffilm
Jul 3, 2011, 07:18 PM
i'm using the speck matte shieldview - comes two in a pack for $25. wouldn't think of using an ipad witithout a matte anti-glare cover.

a co-worder got a ipad2 after me and i sold him my extra shield so my net cost on the shield was $13. the powersupport is overpriced.

freak99
Jul 3, 2011, 07:27 PM
I used the Powersupport anti-glare on my first iPad and didn't have any issues with it. I've had great luck with application of the Powersupport screen protectors on my Apple devices, more so than any other brand. However, I recently tried the "crystal" on my iPad 2 instead of the anti-glare and I prefer the clarity it provides. I've found I can live with the glare.