PDA

View Full Version : Will apple replace or just repair my ipod touch 4?

shakra00
Jun 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
I sent my ipod touch 4 to apple because of light leaks and wifi issues (wifi doesnt hold after an hour of usage). The back is pretty scratched up and the screen has some scratches. I owned the ipod for 8 months.

They told me they were still deciding whether to repair or replace it.

Do you think they will just repair the inside and send it back to me with the same unit or replace it with a brand new/ refurbished?

shakra00
Jun 28, 2011, 06:53 PM
help pls.

Cata M.
Jun 29, 2011, 05:04 PM
I think they should replace, if it is with scratches.

ycwee37
Jun 29, 2011, 06:08 PM
not trying to be rude, but what's the point asking here? no one knows what apple will do.:rolleyes:

likethesoup2
Jun 30, 2011, 10:25 AM
Thank you.

Some of the silly questions that get asked here just fascinate me.

How on earth is ANYBODY here gonna know? And whatever anybody does say, it's pure speculation.

Why on earth don't you ask somebody who works for Apple? It's just common sense . . .

likethesoup2
Jun 30, 2011, 10:27 AM
Additionally -- why does it matter? So long as it works when you get it back?

You're the one who scratched it all up; everybody under the sun makes a case for it, you shoulda gotten one.

wordoflife
Jun 30, 2011, 11:54 AM
I sent my ipod touch 4 to apple because of light leaks and wifi issues (wifi doesnt hold after an hour of usage). The back is pretty scratched up and the screen has some scratches. I owned the ipod for 8 months.

They told me they were still deciding whether to repair or replace it.

Do you think they will just repair the inside and send it back to me with the same unit or replace it with a brand new/ refurbished?

They are going to replace it with a remanufactured iPod Touch which means that it's going to look like new.