Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdube

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
I am building a service which will be accessible by web so that the broadest audience can be reached. It's a service where you will have to buy to get access to a one-time service. If you need the service again the next day you have to buy again. The service will be sold 0.99$. On the web, I'll be taking the payment using PayPal Pro.

Then I wish to make an iPhone app to integrate the same functionality with in-app purchase. I am wondering if Apple will reject my application because I am also taking payment on the web using Paypal. If so, I could prevent an iPhone user to pay on the web and force him to use in-app purchase. Should that be OK with Apple?

Paul

Last edited:

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
UK
You don't say what the service is or what the customer is actually buying, but I would guess that, unless the app had something worthwhile to offer other than a link to your website, they will reject it.

We've heard of many apps rejected for having no real worth or use, and promoting or servicing a website has been one such case.

pdube

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
Without saying too much about the service now, let's just say that the customer is buying a reminder service so that he knows what's the status of its job and how much time it will take to complete.
It's really a business to consumer service. I want to build the service so that businesses use it.

So, it's really a service I'm selling.
What's your say about it then? I mean do you still think Apple could reject it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.