russianguns
Mar 30, 2005, 04:49 PM
:apple:

russianguns
Mar 30, 2005, 04:51 PM

jknight8907
Mar 30, 2005, 05:00 PM
If you get a roll of bubble wrap you could wrap that around the neck, a lot of it, turn it into a big bubble-wrap ball. That should protect it. And use newspaper or something once it's in the box to keep it from tipping around.

Chip NoVaMac
Mar 30, 2005, 06:14 PM
Let me try and say it nicely before some others jump all over you, double posting is not allowed or encouraged.

Good luck on the search though.

russianguns
Mar 30, 2005, 06:26 PM

Winstonp
Mar 30, 2005, 08:15 PM
you can line it with newspaper too. That stuff is amazing and can take up alot of area.

Also, they make thick bubble wrap, sometimes with bubbles the sizes of 3 quarters or so

Bob_Barker
Mar 30, 2005, 08:57 PM
Respectfully, bubble wrap and newspaper Do NOT offer adequate protection for a computer during shipment. They are not substantial enough to secure the computer during an impact or absorb the force. You need styrofoam, and lots of it. For about $15-$30 you can pick up a block of styrofoam peanuts from an office strore that should secure your iMac. It's WELL worth the expense. You also really want to limit mobility of the screen during shipment, possibility with some strong tape between the body in the screen that will keep it in its lowest position.

From what I understand, neither FedEx nor UPS will honor an insurance claim if your packing material is primarily newspaper and bubble wrap.

Good luck!

eleveneastgate
Mar 30, 2005, 09:02 PM
Newspaper works, but it's heavy, and will add to your final weight more than packing popcorn.

You might wanna consider going to Pro-Packer and ask their advise.

That would suck big time if the iMac was damaged whilst in transit.

And not to mention, a NEG eBay feedback rating... and the horror of a damage claim with the shipping company.

I had an issue with UPS, and had to wait 30 days to get my money back. Not fun! :mad:

FYI... Your main concern is making sure the iMac DOES NOT move in the box.