Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hi everyone,
(this won't be one of those thinkpad survival stories)

Today at work in the ER a patient went mental and picked up my thinkpad and through it across the room. I won't go into detail about the man but my Thinkpad is destroyed (thank god not my PowerBook). Luckly all of my data is saved on a server. I have to see if the HD is ok tomorrow. Anyways the hospital is going to buy me a new laptop but recently they have switched to Dell computers. They are giving me the option of the Latitude D600, D610, or X300. I already tried to get another thinkpad but they won't let me. I have a 21" external monitor for it at work with a mouse and keyboard so screen size is not really an issue.

What should I ask for?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Have the hospital buy you the most expensive system they can get you.
Then turn your back, sell the system, and buy a Thinkpad.

Sorry, but I think they should replace what was broken at work with something equivalent, and Dells aren't as good as Thinkpads (depending on which Thinkpad you had). That's what I'd do if I really didn't want a dell.

Suspended
Mar 29, 2004
Go for the Dell. Thinkpads are not as good as they were in the past and the Dells are getting to be really good.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I really like my tPad (lol PCs applized). The hospital is only buying dells now. Grrr.

I think I like the D600, I'l check CNET.

Perhaps a panasonic tough book suitable (JK)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Any way you can get them to get you the X1 that's a re-badged Samsung? That thing looks pretty sweeeet for a PC.... that is, great on specs, awful on looks. ;)

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
JzzTrump22 said:
Just get the most expensive setup you can get and then sell it for a new T Pad.

I can't do that. My IBM was the hospitals, so really I doubt I have the authority to sell a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.