Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
Hi, I have a 32gb iPad 2 that I'm having some trouble with. Here's my setup:

MAIN: PC at home running Windows7 and iTunes
This machine is where my music, most of my apps, videos, etc is stored.

SECONDARY: PC at work running Windows7 and iTunes
I have downloaded a few apps with codes I received off this forum.

I want to take the apps that I had downloaded at work and transfer them onto my iPad. Both machines are "authorized" machines.

However when I connect my iPad to my work machine, click on "Mr. iPad" (Spaceballs, anyone?), then click on the APPS tab, everything is grayed out. When I click on the "sync apps" checkbox, I get the following message:

Are you sure you want to sync apps? All existing apps and their data on the iPad "Mr. iPad" will be replaced with apps from this library."

I was confused as to what this meant. Does that mean that my work library will replace ALL the apps in the iPad with the ones in my work library, or it will only replace the SAME apps with the version on my work library? Basically, is it going to merge my two libraries, or is my work one going to replace my home one altogether?

Thanks for any clarification!

--rob

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Unfortunately because your two libraries don't match this is causing your problem. Why not just download them directly the iPad, then when you sync to your home pc they will be copied back off.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
I actually ended up right clicking on my iPad on my work computer's iTunes and selected the "transfer purchased" icon. After they all transferred, I did a sync, so now I should have everything on the iPad now.

Thanks for the reply!

--rob

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I actually ended up right clicking on my iPad on my work computer's iTunes and selected the "transfer purchased" icon. After they all transferred, I did a sync, so now I should have everything on the iPad now.

Thanks for the reply!

--rob

Thankfully, this will all become moot as we move to iOS5 and iCloud...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.