Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Jam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Alright, it all started when I wanted the game "Tiny Wings" but the internet signal wouldnt show up on my iPod. So naturally I went to the computer and downloaded it to iTunes. NOTE: This is not the computer I would normally sync it to but I'm on vacation at the moment. Well I saw that it started copying apps so I let it go but it started to remove them so I stopped it. I thought that it would just put them back on the iPod when finished deleting so I let it go on. Next thing I knew half my apps were gone and I was angry, but I saw that all of my original pages of apps were still on screen so I clicked "Revert" hoping it would put it back to normal but it only deleted the apps from the screen. Apple wants me to pay for their customer service (talk about not standing behind your products :mad:) so I thought I would try here. I was wondering if there was a way to get all my apps/scores/data back? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Update your software to the most current version, if it isn't already Make sure iTunes is current as well. Go to the app store on your iPod. Tap on the "purchased" tab at the bottom of the screen. You will see all of your apps and can redownload them.

Youll obviously need an Internet connection for this, but short of leaving your vacation early and going to your regular computer it's your only option.

Hope that helps.

It probably won't bring the scores and data back, you'll have to do a real restore at home for that, but it should get you up and running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.