Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Is it worth trying to get it exchanged yet?
Or is there still to great of a chance of a new model having the same issues?

It's pretty terrible, even worse than a lot of the pictures I've seen posted here and elsewhere.

Robert M.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2010

It's pretty terrible, even worse than a lot of the pictures I've seen posted here and elsewhere.

I think the backlight bleeding is random, out of the three I've had over the past week, only one had that problem. With that said, the other two had there own problems :(

info

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Bay Area

I had the same problem and took it back, it's very uncomfortable knowing that the new one could be worse. Fortunately, for me, the replacement was a lot better. I would just trust Apple and take it back now, but don't expect a perfect screen (most of them have at least a little bleeding I believe, even now). You can have them open it for you at the store. A limited amount of bleeding should be almost imperceptible even on dark backgrounds and shouldn't bother you much at all. Good Luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.