Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
i heard that macbook white unibody get a lot of cracks. how long does it take for the cracks to appear? do the cracks affect how the computer performs and last? how long does macbook white unibody last in general? is there still problem with the battery in the new macbook white unibody?

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
i heard that macbook white unibody get a lot of cracks. how long does it take for the cracks to appear? do the cracks affect how the computer performs and last? how long does macbook white unibody last in general? is there still problem with the battery in the new macbook white unibody?

I think that was mainly in the last generation, although i'm not completely certain. I have an old blackbook and it has palm rest cracking; Apple will fix this for free, no questions asked.

Time? Depends on how extensively you use the computer, the pressure you put on the palm rest, and if you're going to get them at all.

Mine is from 08 and is still going strong, never had any problems with it.

I think you're making this into a bigger problem than it is. They don't just crack magically, if you put enough pressure there for a long period of time, you raise the chances but people's MBs aren't just cracking left and right.

But no, a crack will not affect the performance of the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.