Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
So my PowerBook G4 1.33 seems to have bitten the dust. I closed it, it went to sleep and I took it to work. I opened it again, the sleep light went out, and the drives spun up, but the screen stayed black. I restarted the computer, and it booted up just fine. I opened Dreamweaver, then let the computer sit for a while, and when I came back, and moved the cursor, I got a kernel panic. I restarted again, and got a kernel panic on the Grey Apple. I can now restart the computer, and get the POST chime, but the screen stays black, and doesn't work with an external screen either.

I've pulled the RAM, reset the PMU, disconnected the Optical drive, the HD, and still nothing.

I'm right now backing up the HD to a disk image, but would appreciate any ideas you guys might have.

TEG

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I was able to get the computer up and running, but removing the AirPort Extreme card. It then took a while once booted for everything to behave properly (as it always does after resetting the PMU).

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.