Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 21, 2010
I just heard from STM Bags that their new ipad2 case called Kicker (formerly known as the Codex) is shipping in 3 weeks. Should be nice.

Last edited:

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
I heard there was a new 24k diamond studded louis vuitton case coming out too soon, sorry no pics either.

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011

Holy crap!

This new case is a total win. The skinny was already best case on the market, but people had two small complaints: fraying material and the tab may be loose. This addresses both of them. And damn it looks really good too. Reeeeeeeaaaallllly good.

The question now is: black or mushroom? Or both? :)

Thank you for posting that.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 21, 2010
More pics

Go to support.stmbags.com and click on Images>product images>Photos per style name>kicker, there are 13 photos of the new case. It has a plastic kickstand that has two lengths, a shorter one for typing with three positions and a longer one with three positions for viewing. They've done away with the tab so the case stays closed only with the magnets. There are no pictures of the flap folded fully back, but hopefully it will lie flat in that position and maybe even be held back by the magnets.

Last edited:

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Go to support.stmdotcom and click on Images>product images>Photos per style name>kicker, there are 13 photos of the new case. It has a plastic kickstand that has two lengths, a shorter one for typing with three positions and a longer one with three positions for viewing. They've done away with the tab so the case stays closed only with the magnets. There are no pictures of the flap folded fully back, but hopefully it will lie flat in that position and maybe even be held back by the magnets.
Sorry, that link should be support.stmbags.com:
http://support.stmbags.com/?cwdRelPath=Images/Product%20Images/Photos%20per%20Style%20Name/kicker/HI%20RES/&view=list
DSC_0970_edit.jpg

The only downside I see to this case is the large footprint needed when viewing in the most upright position. Oft times desk space is limited and this would take a lot of room. I do think I'll keep my stm skinny.

Last edited:

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Man, the leather has a very nice kinda vintage look to it. I can't decide between mushroom and black!

STM really did a good job here. I'm freaking impressed man. I wish I could go ahead and pre-order today.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Not a fan of raised top corner tabs, prefer the cleaner full edge trims that many non bezel cover cases now use. And the stand? I like a cleaner, less obtrusive stand. but I guess that's why there are so many choices out there.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Man, the leather has a very nice kinda vintage look to it. I can't decide between mushroom and black!

STM really did a good job here. I'm freaking impressed man. I wish I could go ahead and pre-order today.

The case is not leather. It Is leather-like. Similar to the "leather" used in most cars. The leather seats in most cars are only partially leather. Usually just the surfaces that you body touches. The balance is synthetic.

jennison

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2011
Not a fan of raised top corner tabs, prefer the cleaner full edge trims that many non bezel cover cases now use. And the stand? I like a cleaner, less obtrusive stand. but I guess that's why there are so many choices out there.
Inside those two raised corners are magnets. Holds the case shut without the flap. The on/off magnet is separate inside the lid further down.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I have and love the STM Skinny case, but if you really examine this new case it may not seem practical.. (I know it doesn't for me) Look at the "kickstand", there's two functions that look like a pain to use.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 21, 2010
I have and love the STM Skinny case, but if you really examine this new case it may not seem practical.. (I know it doesn't for me) Look at the "kickstand", there's two functions that look like a pain to use.

I disagree. The case is still slim, doesn't cover the bezel, works as a smart cover and eliminates the one thing that most complained about: the tab. The kickstand can be used or just left folded down and the case just functions as a folio case. Seems perfect in my opinion. And I have received confirmation that when the cover is folded all the way back, it will sit flat.

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I disagree. The case is still slim, doesn't cover the bezel, works as a smart cover and eliminates the one thing that most complained about: the tab. The kickstand can be used or just left folded down and the case just functions as a folio case. Seems perfect in my opinion. And I have received confirmation that when the cover is folded all the way back, it will sit flat.

I agree and it looks fantastic!

Come on STM! Release this ASAP! :)

Sanveann

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
Michigan
Looks great! I do wish they offered more colors, though :( I already have the berry Skinny, and the black and mushroom are sort of meh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.