PDA

View Full Version : can any sim card activate(re-activate) iphone?

newtoiphoneuser
Jul 2, 2011, 01:19 AM
I used a new 3g prepaid sim (with no credit) and connected to itune to activate my phone. now I want to restore my iphone because I want to use gevey ultra, can I use the same sim card to reactivate it by just plugging into itune?

rgarjr
Jul 2, 2011, 01:24 AM
i think as long as its the official sim it should work out.

awadeee
Jul 3, 2011, 03:22 PM
You can use the SIM card as long as it coincides with the carrier that the phone is locked to. Example: If the SIM card is AT&T and the phone is locked to AT&T, or if the SIM is Rogers and the phone is locked to Rogers, etc.

If the SIM card and carrier lock are different, activation in that manner will not be possible.

hackthatphone
Jul 3, 2011, 03:36 PM
Here's a definitive answer, no could should or maybe from me. I've used the following SIMs on freshly restored iphones and they all activated them (I'm in the USA):

Net 10
H2O
Cingular (unactivated)
AT&T/GoPhone (unactivated will also work)

awadeee
Jul 3, 2011, 04:00 PM
Here's a definitive answer, no could should or maybe from me. I've used the following SIMs on freshly restored iphones and they all activated them (I'm in the USA):

Net 10
H2O
Cingular (unactivated)

Essentially all piggyback AT&T. :D But yes, that stands to be correct.

newtoiphoneuser
Jul 4, 2011, 01:35 AM

Net 10
H2O
Cingular (unactivated)

thanks