Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I just downloaded the GM from Apple and when the installer reaches the point where it asks which drive to install to, I have 3 options. One is my legitimate Windows partition, another is the Lion install partition or whatnot and the third is another Windows partition that doesn't really exist. I can't select any of them and I can't get the installer to quit back to Snow Leopard.

I went to the startup disk option and the only option it gives me is to boot into my Windows 7 partition and it won't let me boot there. Says it doesn't have enough information.

What can I do to just get the installer to quit? This is a secondary machine and I don't really do time machine back ups on it, but now that I think about it there are some things on here that I do need, so if anyone could give me any kind of advice aside from formatting.

Thank you.

macmongral

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
I just downloaded the GM from Apple and when the installer reaches the point where it asks which drive to install to, I have 3 options. One is my legitimate Windows partition, another is the Lion install partition or whatnot and the third is another Windows partition that doesn't really exist. I can't select any of them and I can't get the installer to quit back to Snow Leopard.

I went to the startup disk option and the only option it gives me is to boot into my Windows 7 partition and it won't let me boot there. Says it doesn't have enough information.

What can I do to just get the installer to quit? This is a secondary machine and I don't really do time machine back ups on it, but now that I think about it there are some things on here that I do need, so if anyone could give me any kind of advice aside from formatting.

Thank you.

as you have it from apple then the best place is the dev forums thats what they are for , and file a bug report of your troubles , we do nat want any show stoppers now

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I've filed a bug report already and my thread got buried on the developer forums so why is it an issue that I come on macrumors and ask when clearly many people have the GM already?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.