Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nonamelive

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2009
San Francisco
After upgrading to Lion GM, I found that Mail.app wound't work any longer. I deleted the account and add my MobileMe account as a new account, but it constantly tells me that the MobileMe server is null.

The MobileMe IMAP server “(null)” is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages.

Does anyone have this issue? I can't use MobileMe mail at all in my new system now.:(

Last edited:

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
First: Is your Me.com account an iCloud account (did you create it from the iCloud preference pane, or have you been a MobileMe user for a while now?) If so, did you update to the latest version of the iCloud beta for Lion, which is necessary for the GM build?

If that doesn't apply to you, or you are on the latest iCloud beta and still have no luck, try manually configuring an IMAP account as follows:

Incoming server: mail.me.com, SSL enabled, port 993
Outgoing server: smtp.me.com, SSL enabled, port 587

Both incoming and outgoing require authentication, so you should have "authenticate" selected for the outgoing as well.

If the issue persists and it's critical to get mail now, install any 3rd party mail client, such as Thunderbird, using those IMAP settings.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
My MobileMe email isn't working either at home or on the road an that's on two separate computers.

Since I've been on vacation I haven't worried to much about it, I'll work on it in a few days but very strange indeed.

Also having Apple Remote Desktop problems even with the latest updates. Oh well, what would a new OS be without some broken software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.