PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 car back seat mount for between rear headrests?

MrMister111
Jul 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
I'm after a mount for an iPad 2 for using as an in car movie player for kids. It will have to mount or stretch between the rear headrests though for both my kids.

There are loads of mounts that fix to either headrest, but not in-between. I've seen a CoolVue but bit expensive for the amount of times is use it.

I'm in UK btw
Cheers

Gklmc
Jul 28, 2011, 02:44 PM
I was looking for the same thing! With 2 young kids in the back seat, a headrest mount would cause arguments over which side, not to mention the potential to be kicked. We ordered a mount from Ram, product ID RAM-B-149Z-AP8U. It attaches to the headrest but can be swiveled to the spot between the front seats so both back passengers can see. And in our case, neither could reach it, which was a bonus. I sat in the 3rd row for part of the trip. I could see the screen well, and the mount held the ipad very steady, no noticible shaking or movement. Another nice about the mount is that its modular, so i just keep the bolt part installed but remove the actual ipad holder and I don't even notice its there. Cost is around $50 which I believe is almost half of the coolvue. We have both ipad and ipad2, it works with both. Hope this helps - happy travels!

Tim9724
Jul 28, 2011, 04:57 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V8ZGPG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=besstrmarcred-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B004V8ZGPG