PDA

View Full Version : Taking things a little too far....

Mr. Anderson
Sep 24, 2002, 02:44 PM
Ok, this really surprised me as being well beyond over the top...

http://money.cnn.com/2002/09/16/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

Teen horn-dogs can double their pleasure by opting to create a female character, with full control over breast size and the option to have that character ride topless.

And how will breast size effect your score????

D

oldMac
Sep 24, 2002, 03:03 PM
The guy who wrote this article obviously never played "Leisure Suit Larry".

diorio
Sep 24, 2002, 03:57 PM
Wow, video games are becoming a lot more vulgar than what I remember playing on my SNES...:eek:

mischief
Sep 24, 2002, 04:05 PM
Lara Croft would be carrying around 50Lb of breasts with a lower back designed to hold up a max of 2 1/2 Lb. Not to mention the riccochet factor in hand to hand combat......:rolleyes:

Hey D wanna do a Kama-Sutra FPS?:D The special weapon really would be "special"...:eek:

kiwi_the_iwik
Sep 24, 2002, 04:12 PM
Nothing like throwing petrol on the fire under the argument of whether video games affect judgement between fantasy and reality...

But the journalist is right - sex does sell. Especially to the target audience - the stereotypical spotty, pale adolescent male teenager, stuck in his bedroom day-in, day-out, with a games console, stereo and computer drawing out more amps from the national grid than a small island nation.

eyelikeart
Sep 24, 2002, 04:20 PM
hmm...this would mean the programmers would have to include a towel with each game purchase :D

Sun Baked
Sep 24, 2002, 04:21 PM

Sun Baked
Sep 24, 2002, 04:22 PM
Yes, we've all been waiting for Doom 3 to evolve into the more Leisure Suit Larry type of theme.

All hail the ultimate first person "shooter" - Doom XXX.

Rated M, for mature. ;)

---

But, I think I'll wait for the Doom XXX/Lara Croft crossover special edition game.

mischief
Sep 24, 2002, 04:34 PM
Man...... U could skin a seriously funny parody of Q3 Arena with stuff like this. A Hentai Skin:D

Mr. Anderson
Sep 24, 2002, 07:12 PM
Anyone rememeber the cartoon HeavyMetal? That as a 3D FPS would be silly - and the special power ups.........

Femme Bots, mmmmm, with machine guns in their jumblies.....

:rolleyes:

rainman::|:|
Sep 24, 2002, 07:43 PM
i'm going to be screaming sexism until there's a game where you can control the package size on a really buff guy...

seriously tho, this is really sad. nothing like objectifying women from an early age... sex sells, and that's fine, but this goes far beyond that--

pnw

mac15
Sep 24, 2002, 08:00 PM
its all fun and games, remember it is a game and it should stay that way

diorio
Sep 25, 2002, 08:39 AM
While it is just a game, hopefully they will be made available for 18 years of age and older. I can't imagine the neighbor kids playing those games.

Mr. Anderson
Sep 25, 2002, 08:59 AM
Its rated M for mature, so that's 17 or older. But if you read in the article one of the concerns are parents who'll just go out and buy it and not look at the rating. Although with XXX in the title, I'm sure some might look a little more closely.

But its still a sad state that gaming has fallen to this (naked option) to try and sell more games. It seemed more benign when all we had was Lara Crofts.....Oh well, I just hope that this doesn't cause an escallation in the amount of cyberflesh in other games on the horizen - but I'm guessing this is just the start.

D

barkmonster
Sep 25, 2002, 09:53 AM
I think they had a simple plan :

1. Use a tried and tested game formula that's been done to death.

2. Add jiggly boobs etc... men of any age like those :-)

3. Sell it with a mature rating because all companies know kids want stuff they're too young for and they'll beg their older brother, sister or friend to get the game for them anyway.

4. 1+2+3 = $$$$s for the company and another formulaeic 3D game for the masses.

I'd like to see more games with original ideas like they had in the 80s/early '90s, playability first, eyecandy second.

mischief
Sep 25, 2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Anyone rememeber the cartoon HeavyMetal? That as a 3D FPS would be silly - and the special power ups.........

Femme Bots, mmmmm, with machine guns in their jumblies.....

:rolleyes:

There actually already is a game that goes with Heavy Metal 2000 (The original Heavy Metal Movie was much better) It was called F.A.K.K. 2 and it had some interesting approaches to weapons and movement. That movie was the lamest sequel since Highlander 2.:p

MacBandit
Sep 25, 2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by mischief

There actually already is a game that goes with Heavy Metal 2000 (The original Heavy Metal Movie was much better) It was called F.A.K.K. 2 and it had some interesting approaches to weapons and movement. That movie was the lamest sequel since Highlander 2.:p

Man when does this BMX XXX come out I got to have it. ;)

dreamlance
Sep 25, 2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i'm going to be screaming sexism until there's a game where you can control the package size on a really buff guy...

seriously tho, this is really sad. nothing like objectifying women from an early age... sex sells, and that's fine, but this goes far beyond that--

pnw

I had heard about these games a few months ago and just being female, sometimes I wanna say "sexism!" and then I remember that even if they were showing nude males, it probably wouldn't have the same effect on women as it does on men. Different wiring.

Yeah, sex sells. And our culture is practically drowning in it. I'm not surprised these two games are coming out and I doubt the M rating will do much to keep younger kids away. Pretty sad that they can't think of anything besides nudity to sell a game.

diorio
Sep 25, 2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by dreamlance

I had heard about these games a few months ago and just being female, sometimes I wanna say "sexism!" and then I remember that even if they were showing nude males, it probably wouldn't have the same effect on women as it does on men. Different wiring.

Yeah, its kind of different to have a guy running around without a shirt on than a girl running around without a shirt on.:D

FattyMembrane
Sep 25, 2002, 06:34 PM
companies are producing these games because people will buy them and make the companies lots of money, thats how capitalism works, but i seriously doubt that this is a trend that will last in the us. in japan, they have millions of "dating simulators" and other crap like that where you can have sex with 12 year old anime characters, but that kind of thing will not fly for long in america. the author is right; its a gimick, and as soon as people get tired of it, they will go back to games with good gameplay. the problem is that the game industry is kind of stagnant at the moment, so the only way to get people to buy a rehashed game is to add boobs, which is cool for about an hour. violence will always be better game fodder than sex, and we'll see this xxx trend pass in a couple of years. but all of you ladies who would like more male-stripper games have to admit that a game with a naked woman is just stupid, while a game with a naked man is down-right creepy :D .

SkidMarkJones
Sep 27, 2002, 02:47 AM
Video games are now a legitimate form of entertainment....like movies or television....millions of dollars go into development of these "games"....Ill be the first to say that boobs do it for me......who didn't feel a little tingle in their pants when phoebe kates got out of that pool in "Fast Times"... im sure that you were all bitching then that movies were taking it too far weren't you...

So why not throw a little hot boobie action our way??? What is it going to hurt??? So what if Jimmy can see a digitized girl pole dancing whilst her fun bags do the beer barrell polka as she plays volleyball or rides a dirt bike......I think that there are much bigger things to gripe about.....like whether or not your tallywhacker is big enough.....or our cat has enough food....you know **** like that

bousozoku
Sep 27, 2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
hmm...this would mean the programmers would have to include a towel with each game purchase :D

Perhaps, a...ummm, screen-saver. :D

diorio
Sep 30, 2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SkidMarkJones
Video games are now a legitimate form of entertainment....like movies or television....millions of dollars go into development of these "games"....Ill be the first to say that boobs do it for me......who didn't feel a little tingle in their pants when phoebe kates got out of that pool in "Fast Times"... im sure that you were all bitching then that movies were taking it too far weren't you...

So why not throw a little hot boobie action our way??? What is it going to hurt??? So what if Jimmy can see a digitized girl pole dancing whilst her fun bags do the beer barrell polka as she plays volleyball or rides a dirt bike......I think that there are much bigger things to gripe about.....like whether or not your tallywhacker is big enough.....or our cat has enough food....you know **** like that

I just think your horny. By the way, let me look down, um hum, tallywacker big enough um hum.:p

mischief
Oct 1, 2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by diorio

I just think your horny. By the way, let me look down, um hum, tallywacker big enough um hum.:p

Don't make me beat you to death with my giant virtual genitalia Beavis...:p

diorio
Oct 3, 2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by mischief

Don't make me beat you to death with my giant virtual genitalia Beavis...:p

Not if I beat you to death with my giant virtual gentialia first.:D

Chisholm
Oct 9, 2002, 11:19 PM
hhhmmmmm.............

diorio
Oct 11, 2002, 02:59 PM
mmmhhh, sorry, just taking advantage of your dyslexic signature.:D

mischief
Oct 11, 2002, 04:08 PM
Mischief flexes his butt and drives diorio into the ground like a nail into soft wood! :eek:

•THUMP!•THUMP!•THUMP•

I win. Haha.:D

diorio
Oct 11, 2002, 08:24 PM
Darn, I was so close to victory I could smell it.:( :D