PDA

View Full Version : iTunes- can i bypass using my giftcard and just the credit card?

Dr Kevorkian94
Jul 3, 2011, 04:39 PM
I redeem my giftcards as soon as i get them, but i also have a credit card attached to my account. i use the giftcards mainly for apps and random songs, but i want to buy a movie and not have to use up my "credits" on itunes. is there a way to do this? thanks in advanced

Daffodil
Jul 4, 2011, 08:35 AM
I redeem my giftcards as soon as i get them, but i also have a credit card attached to my account. i use the giftcards mainly for apps and random songs, but i want to buy a movie and not have to use up my "credits" on itunes. is there a way to do this? thanks in advanced

I had a similar problem a while back when I wanted to switch the nationality of the store I used, and it told me I had to use up the remaining balance from gift cards before I could switch... I never found a resolution, so I ended up buying a couple random songs I'd wanted. Anyways, from that it seemed like it's set up to always prioritize using the gift card balance over anything else.

Short answer, I don't think it's possible.

(But honestly, why does it even matter to you? You like having the random balance, or don't want to use your cc for smaller amounts or something?)