PDA

View Full Version : Old Iphone - New Macbook, Old Macbook Dead

Itspooch
Jul 4, 2011, 03:02 AM
Hi,

I am new to this site so if I have posted this in the wrong location my apologies. I have tried to search for the answer to my tech problem but none seem to mirror my dilemma.
I recently dropped my macbook pro and both the HDD and Logic board were pronounced terminal and I now have a shiny new Macbook Pro. My situation is that I didnít back up recently and therefore have lost a great deal of information. Luckily most of my photos were backed up as and when I downloaded them from my camera.
I also have an Iphone 3-GS, and a mobileme account. I have managed to sync the iphone with my new mac and get contacts and calendars info. My question is how do I get all the music from my i-phone onto my new Mac? Whenever I try to click the tickbox for Sync it threatens to wipe my phone. Does anyone have a work around to this?
Your response is appreciated thanks guys!

Aldaris
Jul 4, 2011, 03:17 AM
you could try 'advanced/right-click' and transfer purchases. There are some third-party applications that provide directory access to the bowels of your iPhone. And lastly there is iCloud for any iTunes purchases.