Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roland123456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
Hi, I am a fan of the game Borderlands. I have already completed the main story line of the game. I would really like to play the add-ons the DLC levels. The problem is that I do not know how to istall them on my mac. I have the Borderlands Data.dmg and the Borderlands Add-On.dmg but i do not know how to run the Add-On.dmg. Could someone help me and write me a way how to istall or run the DLC levels (Add-On.dmg file). Because the game works perfectly and this is the only problem. I am a novice with mac, so please if you will write me a way how to do it, be simple . Thank you very much !

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi, I am a fan of the game Borderlands. I have already completed the main story line of the game. I would really like to play the add-ons the DLC levels. The problem is that I do not know how to istall them on my mac. I have the Borderlands Data.dmg and the Borderlands Add-On.dmg but i do not know how to run the Add-On.dmg. Could someone help me and write me a way how to istall or run the DLC levels (Add-On.dmg file). Because the game works perfectly and this is the only problem. I am a novice with mac, so please if you will write me a way how to do it, be simple . Thank you very much !

You will have been given an installer that installs the extra "Add-On.dmg" and a GOTY upgrade serial code. You also will have a set of instructions when you bought the game. If you bought the GOTY version the Add-On should just work from the beginning as long as you installed it correctly.

If you have problems contact Feral support and we can help out in more detail.

Edwin

Kaspar30

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
Thank you for your help, I have found the solution to the problem. :)

could you tell me how?
i'm in the same situation, i installed Borderlands Goty (wich is just dragging a folder in applications) and now i got game data.dmg and an add-on.dmg (wich just contains folders named DLC1, DLC2, etc..), the game starts just fine, but how can i be sure that the addons have being installed? i haven't seen anything new in-game

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
could you tell me how?
i'm in the same situation, i installed Borderlands Goty (wich is just dragging a folder in applications) and now i got game data.dmg and an add-on.dmg (wich just contains folders named DLC1, DLC2, etc..), the game starts just fine, but how can i be sure that the addons have being installed? i haven't seen anything new in-game

My first post above lets you know where you can get the step by step instructions (The About tab holds Read Me, FAQ and a Full PDF manual), if you have both sets of data and a legitimate key you will have access to the DLC.

The game will tell you if you have DLC enabled in the Activation tab where you entered your serial code. Below the serial code it tells you if the DLC is installed and also if it has been enabled.

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.