Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Hi all,

How do I turn on the beta version of Icloud? On apple's website, it states if you download itunes 10.3 the icloud beta version will turn on. I have that, but I can't figure it out.

thanks

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Hi all,

How do I turn on the beta version of Icloud? On apple's website, it states if you download itunes 10.3 the icloud beta version will turn on. I have that, but I can't figure it out.

thanks

All the documentation that you require can be found on the developer website.

https://developer.apple.com/icloud/

You'll need more that iTunes 10.3 however. Currently iCloud is in Beta and therefore the tools required to activate it are limited to developers only. If you're not a developer you'll need to wait until the Autumn when it gets moved out of Beta and opens up to the masses.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Do you mean iTunes in the Cloud?

In iTunes, go to "Preferences" > "Store" > Under "Automatic Downloads" check the boxes for the things you want to automatically download.

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, go to "Settings" > "Store" and again under "Automatic Downloads" select what you want to automatically download.

Thats it!

Everything else requires a developer account.

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks guys, it looks like I will have to wait until the fall as I've done the suggestions.

Thanks again,

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
This post may give you a clue:

I'm not sure telling you will get me in trouble or not, but if you installed "iCloud for Mac OS X Lion" it's under a new System Preference pane:
1wfq.png

i as a dev couldn't find it before either, until i noticed the new "Mail, Contacts and Calendars" pref panel. good luck setting up your iCloud!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.