Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tcoury

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
I don't like Motion 5 as well as Motion 4, maybe because I know it. I downloaded Motion 5 on my new mac air, but I want to download Motion 4 from file share from my Mac Book Pro. Do I have to dump 5 then download 4?
Do I have to share the entire Final Cut Studio, or just the motion CD's.
I was hoping Motion 5 had more ready made templates, like 4 but I didn't find any.

ryanvalle

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
By default, motion 5 does not download with additional content - just the software. If you go the menu bar and search for the download additional content selection, more content should be available via software update. I'm not sure how this material differs from motion 4, but if you have a speedy connection, you may want to check it out first.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
If it is only about the templates, you can import them into 5. No need to reinstall the whole shebang.

willsfamily4

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2009
Ryan - loved your promo and the music you chose for it. Did you create that in Motion 5? I am on Motion 4 and wondering about changing to 5 but still use FCP 7 is that possible? Please advise.

By default, motion 5 does not download with additional content - just the software. If you go the menu bar and search for the download additional content selection, more content should be available via software update. I'm not sure how this material differs from motion 4, but if you have a speedy connection, you may want to check it out first.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
When you download Motion 5, FCS will be put into its own folder. There's no other change to your FCS. It'll still run perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.