PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Application on your ipad

henry2
Jul 5, 2011, 03:52 AM
I was looking at the Amazon Application for my ipad and i was wondering if anyone here has and how does it work for you ..

The basic idea is to be able to shop online useing my ipad when i travel and have the items waiting at home when i get back there ..

Does the application work just like the normal site or is there a lot of the items cut out of the site when shopping on it ..

tersono
Jul 5, 2011, 05:14 AM
It works just fine, but I don't see the point, frankly. It's just as easy to use the regular site via Safari (actually, I find the regular website easier to navigate).

The simple answer is to try it. It's not like it's going to cost you anything...

wizee
Jul 5, 2011, 06:06 AM
It's a freebie, so try it. I like using the browser, but to each his own.

henry2
Jul 5, 2011, 06:41 AM
Thank's that was i trying to find out .I trend once with Safari and it was not working right but i was on a Hotel WiFi set up and it could have been the problem ..

rhett7660
Jul 5, 2011, 09:28 AM
It's free! Download the bad boy and check it out. I use it quite a bit and I actually like it.

maverick86
Jul 5, 2011, 09:49 AM
I use it a lot and it works just fine. More often then not I'll use it to track items after I have ordered but when I do use it for shopping it's easy to use.

henry2
Jul 5, 2011, 03:22 PM
It's free! Download the bad boy and check it out. I use it quite a bit and I actually like it.

I use it a lot and it works just fine. More often then not I'll use it to track items after I have ordered but when I do use it for shopping it's easy to use.

I order alot of book's off the UK site because of i love some of the book's Aurther's i follow that are based out of the UK .I also order alot of the food items & tv serie's & dvd movies i like From the US site ..

I had a problem with the website on the First Gen Ipad at a hotel i was staying at the time .

The page was hard to load and it keep droping out and the order took a very long time to get through that way with it droping out or refuseing to load .I had to go to a Kinko's and put the order in that way to get the through the order ..

Someone said it could have been the Wifi issuse or the browser issuse of the first gen model

I just upgraded to a Ipad2 model and i was wondering about the putting the application on the ipad ..So far i had no Wifi browser issuse with this model

-tWv-
Jul 5, 2011, 08:00 PM
I use the amazon app all the time and like it a lot, it offers basically all the functionality of the website but looks and works a lot better on the iPad

DiamondMac
Jul 6, 2011, 08:25 AM
Eh, I use Amazon often and find the app to be rather worthless. I stick to Safari and the full site on my iPad