Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lhayati

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
England
Hey,

Got Lion GM from work yesterday, but I have noticed that that frontrow is missing. Whats up with that?

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2011
I never used it and I just see it as a waste of space. It was buggy as hell for me anyways.

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
You can install Plex on your Mac, which is free, has a nicer appearance than Front Row, and under Video Plug-Ins you can just do a single click to install Apple Movie Trailers in Plex (or any of a large selection of Plug-Ins), then have access to all of the trailers.

http://www.plexapp.com/

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I am sure there will be a way to install it down the road. There have been patches to get Front Row installed on Macs that existed prior to it's initial release.

I have Front Row currently installed on unsupported G3 and G4 powermac systems.

it is sad / stupid to see it gone. Many of us never needed / wanted an AppleTV, as our PowerMac / iMac / Mac Mini systems functioned great as entertainment centers.

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
it is sad / stupid to see it gone. Many of us never needed / wanted an AppleTV, as our PowerMac / iMac / Mac Mini systems functioned great as entertainment centers.

I agree. But Plex is nicer than Front Row. I used Front Row for years, but once I started using Plex I'm much happier with my Mac as an entertainment center.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
or just install mirow by fire core. After installing All i do is hit command esc and launches front row

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.