Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hey all, so as we all know, no show stopping bugs have been found in Lion , do u guys think Lion will come out Tomorrow?

we dont have any really strong rumor source but there is that rumor that say it will come out Tomorrow 9 pacific.

what do u guys think? :)

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
I'd love for it to be polished enough for a July 6th release, but your guess is as good as mine. I guess it's wait and see!

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2011
I believe it'll come out tomorrow.
9 AM Pacific.
I'm really excited for it. And if it doesn't come out tomorrow I'm gonna be bummed out.

Typswif2fingers

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Hey all, so as we all know, no show stopping bugs have been found in Lion , do u guys think Lion will come out Tomorrow?

we dont have any really strong rumor source but there is that rumor that say it will come out Tomorrow 9 pacific.

what do u guys think? :)

TBH, not being able to wait made me fork out AUD119 to get the GM... :) But, if the rumour is correct that would be nice... I thought that an email will come out giving the date some time in advance (not sure why)...

In any case, no bugs on either of my (2010 i5 and 2009 C2D) machines. Quite happy with it.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Hard to imagine there not being a countdown. I'll go for the 14th with the MBAs the following Tuesday.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
i would so want it to come out tomorrow but i have a feeling we are going to get disappointed badly, as much as i hate saying this, i think it will come out in the 14th, i dont know why, just a feeling..

its as if its too good to be true for it to come out tomorrow which is pure stupidness from apple as the GM has no major bugs and all current bugs can be fixed perhaps with 10.7.1 but nooooo.. apple will wait until the 14.. so stupid in my opinion.

we get it that it needs to be tested and all but guess what, till today people has been tested it DAY AND NIGHT since friday so i dont see why they cant just release it and be done with it, all they have to do is upload the dang thing on the Macstore.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
we get it that it needs to be tested and all but guess what, till today people has been tested it DAY AND NIGHT since friday so i dont see why they cant just release it and be done with it, all they have to do is upload the dang thing on the Macstore.

There are plenty of good reasons why they might need another week. Training staff, preparing new Macs preloaded with Lion, etc. There is a lot more to releasing a major OS update than just uploading it to the App store.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
There are plenty of good reasons why they might need another week. Training staff, preparing new Macs preloaded with Lion, etc. There is a lot more to releasing a major OS update than just uploading it to the App store.

Not to mention, letting developers thoroughly test their apps before submitting them for approval on the Mac App Store.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Not to mention, letting developers thoroughly test their apps before submitting them for approval on the Mac App Store.

they can release the new macbooks next week and give us Lion tomorrow, we dont need to have Lion delayed because of a futrue macbook releas that has nothing to do with us, so foolish of them if they are waiting because of THAT reason alone.

Loptimist

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
since it got GM tag, i really wish it'd get released soon.

so that i can have 10.7.1 update or other annoying bug fixes sooner.

trackpad bug is so freakin annoyin along with a few other window size management problems.

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
MY guess is Apple will realise in the next 24 hours that Lion is full of bugs and clearly not worth the upgrade price and delay it until christmas.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
Expect the worst--that way, every surprise will be a good one. So, no, I don't think it will come out tomorrow.

Won't stop me from checking the App Store all day, though.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
It's Wednesday here so i doubt it's coming today.

History seems to show a trend for a more weekend based release. I'd imagine this was so that people could get to the Apple store.

Snow Leopard - Friday August 28 2009
Leopard - Friday October 26 2007
Tiger - Friday April 29 2005
Panther - Friday October 24 2003
Jaguar - Saturday August 24 2003
Puma - Tuesday September 25 2001

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.