PDA

View Full Version : 17 inch Studio Display issue

iMac G3
Jul 5, 2011, 07:58 PM
Hi guys!

I've had this computer for a week or two now, and I LOVE it. It's a PowerMac G4 and a 17 inch Studio Display with pro mouse and keyboard.

The display works great, but there's an issue. The power light for the monitor flashes three times; twice short, and third long. I suppose this is to do with the backlighting? I didn't notice any irregularities in the screen until I went close up(from the position I was in from the monitor, it looked fine).

What can I do? I have an Authorized Apple agent in my city, but is there something I could do easily if I having the agent fix the screen is not an option?

EDIT: I might add that this happened after moving my monitor on the desk. Could it just be that I have something inside that's loose?

666sheep
Jul 6, 2011, 04:08 AM
I suppose this is to do with the backlighting?

EDIT: I might add that this happened after moving my monitor on the desk. Could it just be that I have something inside that's loose?

With inverter precisely. You can disassembly it and see if something isn't loose. Look for 17" studio Service Manual over the web.

iMac G3
Jul 6, 2011, 05:24 PM
:apple:

If it is the inverter, that's a bummer! May as well purchase another monitor(obviously after checking this one out). I mean this one still works, and it's hardly noticeable, the only thing that's really annoying is the blinking light(its hard to keep my focus OFF of it, even now).

Oh well, maybe I can purchase an inverter someday when I feel like purchasing one. Upside: having two lovely monitors :p Other than that, I'm good lol

:apple:

Hrududu
Jul 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
"If the power button on the display is flashing, two short flashes then a long flash, in a delayed repeating pattern, this indicates trouble with either the inverter, backlight bulbs or related cables or connectors. With this in mind, continue with the troubleshooting steps to determine the problem."
:)

iMac G3
Jul 9, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hey,

I'm happy to report that my display is working again WITHOUT any modifications. I turned on my G4 this morning, and the flashing didn't occur, and the screen brightness is in uniform again :D

So happy :apple: