Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alukado

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
It is strange that most iPhone 4 cases reviews are for Aluminium case at a high price, but according to my experience, cheap quality rubber cases are also in high demand, so today I would like to review a CapsuleRebel Fish Bone Case which is dirty cheap, It just costs me $7 bucks with free shipping from slickgate.com

PROTECTION
Don’t like these Aluminium case, this Fish Bone Case protects your iPhone pretty well, since it is fully around your iphone , also the rubber is elasticity and will absorb some shock if dropped. The fish bone shaped lines also keep the iPhone from sliding from your hands. It also comes with a screen protector together, with its help, it would keep you from scratching up the glass while the phone is laying on surfaces. This case is designed to be a maximal protection case and it does the jobs well.

DESIGN and QUALITY
Like the name of this case, you do can see a “fish bone” if you separate the case into 2 parts. One part is the soft rubber case, the other part is the hard “fish bone”. Yes, you can use the soft part only if want to, but I highly recommend fitting the two case together since that’s would look better. The quality of this case is nice, you can fold the soft rubber to any shapes, and it still looks good. It even come with Two Power Jack Connector Protectors and Two 3.5mm Headphone Jack Protectors to keep the iPhone from dust.

RECEPTION
I tested this case over and over and over and over again to make sure to get a consistent reading for my area, keep in mind that different areas with different signal strengths might be effected differently. Needless to say, you won’t get any signal problem since it is made by rubber, that’s the reason why I choose this case, I live in a pretty low reception area so in some cases it would put my phone in searching mode because I would only have one bar to begin with if I use the Aluminium case.

Overall, this is a pretty a nice case design, quality and function, even the price is awesome, it just costs me $7 buck with free shipping from slickgate.com, but it does take a while to get my place, but it is free shipping. If you hesitate to choose a case from all iPhone 4 case, check it out.

Here are some pictures :

Mu9mdh.jpg

aUSmqh.jpg

l0Azqh.jpg

H76l1h.jpg

TiNLPh.jpg

tYX2Xh.jpg

aTUdbh.jpg

xHfK4h.jpg

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
I tend to think it is from China. The injection points from the molding process on these are different from the black Rebel I ordered straight from the company. The input jack plugs are also all supposed to be white. Not white with a black secondary set. The inner layer also looks more like silicone than the TPU-esque material from the real set. It looks too flexible. The shape is also off on the mic cut out on the top. Can't quite tell from the pictures, but the cutouts for the grills for the speaker and mic on the bottom also look more squared off than the real deal.

And then there's the name that this slickgate site is using for the case. I've never seen any promotional material from Switcheasy referring to a "fishbone."

With that said, it doesn't look like a bad knock off.

PS: Unless these are surplus of the initial AT&T only version of the case being sold at a clearance price. The injection points may very well have been different on those. That wouldn't explain the top and bottom cutouts or the extra flexibility of the inner layer though.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.