Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codycartoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2002
Anyone no of any? I am thinking of making a little online biz. But is it legal to sell them wit the OS and everything. I will make the setups buy buying things off of ebay and making custom cases.
thanks
-cody

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i think you'd have to do a level of improvising that would render them unsalable, but i don't know. i do know that motherboards are pretty damn expensive even on ebay, so it might not be that cost-effective...

i'm curious to hear other's opinions...

:)
pnw

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
You will have to read the Mac OS EULA and see what it says. Some EULAs don't allow transfer of rights from person to person, I don't think. Other than that, there's no reason selling physical Macs you built from parts wouldn't be legal, but yeah, I think you'd have a hard time squeaking out any kind of profit on it.

codycartoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2002
hmmm

i have build a very speedy g4 for about $600. And it looks very nice in my custom case. Maybe i should just make cases...im not sure
thanks for the opinons
-cody

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: hmmm

Originally posted by codycartoon
i have build a very speedy g4 for about $600. And it looks very nice in my custom case. Maybe i should just make cases...im not sure
thanks for the opinons
-cody

You have pics? I'd love to see them....

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.