Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littleasian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
in SL we could either move to spaces via ctrl + a number key and i was really sad to discover that the functionality no longer exists in lion.

is there any way to reenable it? i know there's 4 finger swipe but keyboard shortcuts are just so much faster, especially when you're already typing

throttlemeister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2009
Netherlands
in SL we could either move to spaces via ctrl + a number key and i was really sad to discover that the functionality no longer exists in lion.

is there any way to reenable it? i know there's 4 finger swipe but keyboard shortcuts are just so much faster, especially when you're already typing

Really? That works for me. I can add a second space/desktop, and when I hit cmd-2 it switches there, and cmd-1 goes back to the first.

scuzy

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2006
you have to first add additional desktops in mission control before you can do control+# to the other desktops

littleasian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
i have 2 desktops set up but i still can't get it to activate. occasionally sometimes after i do ctrl + arrow i can get them to then respond to ctrl + # but usually ctrl + # doesn't work on its own.

pretty strange behavior...

littleasian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
oh nvm i figured it out. turns out the option to switch via ctrl + # was not checked under the keyboard shortcuts settings under preferences.

once i checked it everything worked again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.