Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocket 442

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
Hello All,

I recently (early march) bought a 13" MacBook Air with the upgraded CPU, HDD, & RAM.

When I first got it, what impressed me was the so-called "instant-on" feature when you open the computer from when it is hibernating (or whatever a Mac calls it). The internet would be available right away.

About a month ago I started having issues with my internet connection, but it is only when the computer is left idle and goes into sleep or when I close the top and re-open it. The AirPort says its still connected to my home wireless account, but the internet doesn't respond. So I have to disconnect, then reconnect. It sorta defeats the purpose of the whole instant-on bit that I enjoyed so much when I have to disconnect from the internet then wait a while for it to reconnect.

Anyone else run into this issue? The connection is fine whenever the computer is being used, it never drops off, and I have a good signal even when this happens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OS X Version 10.6.7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.