Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lewa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Hi all,

I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

My understanding is that currently, TextEdit (and maybe Preview?) are the only applications that take full advantage of Lion's Versions/Autosave feature. Other Apple apps, like iWork, do not yet support the feature, and some, including iWork and iTunes, don't even have support for Lion full screen. Third party apps generally don't support Versions or full-screen either.

Can we expect to see updates of iWork/iTunes/Chess/etc. released with Lion to take advantage of the new features? Free updates or paid ones?

On a related note, how long will it probably be before third party developers (say, of TextMate, MS Office, Adobe products, etc.) take advantage of the new Lion features and integrate their apps with Lion?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
iWork is due for a paid upgrade sometime, so if it doesn't have full support for those features that will probably come in a paid update. As far as other apple software goes expect it to be s paid update if the software usually costs money and free if the software is like iTunes and normally free.

Third party apps, will get support whenever the developer feels like it, and until they say something you don't know if any update will be free or paid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.