PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking Powerbook G4 1GHz

oaxaca
Apr 4, 2005, 05:16 AM
Hi dudes---I have a pb g4 1ghz 15'inc from 1,5 year and I'd like to overclock the processor up to 1,25ghz......(like the pb g4 1,25ghz 15'inc)
I want to do this because I'm sure it's possible and my pb will works better!
but I need suggestion about how to do this.....

thanks alot

Platform
Apr 4, 2005, 05:32 AM
Overclocking a lappy...

maby not such a good idea since it will create more heat, and I think the PB has enough heat to handle already. ;)

But if you can find a way :rolleyes:

joecool85
Apr 4, 2005, 05:56 AM
I haven't heard of anyway to do it yet...although I will say I have the rev a PB, running at 867mhz and I can run everything I need on it. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc etc. And yeah, they have plenty of heat to deal with. Just sitting here its at 120.2?F for the CPU.

bigandy
Apr 4, 2005, 07:00 AM
is it even possible?

liketom
Apr 4, 2005, 07:08 AM
is it even possible?
for like 3 secs before you cook the cpu

here's how to cook a ti Powerbook lol

http://www.voelker.com/service/void_powerbookg4/powerbookg4.php

on your own head may it be if you bust it

oaxaca
Apr 4, 2005, 08:35 AM
yeah, I know that website 'liketom' but I have an other kind of pb G4...
and I don't want to cook my cpu ahah!
thanks though..

plus--yes, my pb works fine but I think it can runs at 1,25ghz without problems like the other model pb g4 15'inc 1,25ghz, so I'd like to do this! even cuz I heard only 2 times the cpu fan, so far!

lemme know......thanks

edesignuk
Apr 4, 2005, 08:40 AM
Just because you want to, doesn't mean you can. You think someone is just going to knock some instructions together overnight for you? :rolleyes:

*if* it is possible (which I don't think it is), it will be here - www.xlr8yourmac.com

john1123
Apr 4, 2005, 10:15 AM
yeah, I know that website 'liketom' but I have an other kind of pb G4...
and I don't want to cook my cpu ahah!
thanks though..

plus--yes, my pb works fine but I think it can runs at 1,25ghz without problems like the other model pb g4 15'inc 1,25ghz, so I'd like to do this! even cuz I heard only 2 times the cpu fan, so far!

lemme know......thanks

Mac's and overclocking don't go well together. I CAN overclock my G3 ibook using software. AFAIK the G4 can only be oc'ed by re-soldering jumpers and the G5 cannot be oc'ed in any way. the speed difference will most likely be minimal anyway so maybe you'll have to be happy with your 1ghz.

oaxaca
Apr 4, 2005, 11:02 AM
1GHz it's all right but if my pb works fine up to 1,25GHz (like the other model)
why not to upgrade it?
It's not a problem re-solder a jumper but I have to be sure where I have to touch it!

or....someone know if it's possible to change the processor G4 1GHz with a G4 1,67GHz?I don't care to do this right now, I'm only curious, but next years instead to buy a new pb I could upgrade only the processor and maybe the fun because pb is working good but it's facking expensive!