PDA

View Full Version : iTunes artists with 1 song

precator
Jul 9, 2011, 07:26 PM
I have a ton of artists with only 1 song. I would like to group them or change the artists to an artist that is like "Misc. Artist" Is this possible?

SandboxGeneral
Jul 9, 2011, 07:29 PM
Just do a "get info" on each of the songs and then change the album to a name of your choice and then create a playlist based on that name which will group them together for you.

obsidian1200
Jul 12, 2011, 02:25 PM
Just do a "get info" on each of the songs and then change the album to a name of your choice and then create a playlist based on that name which will group them together for you.

That's one way to go about it.

I would personally changed the info for all the desired songs (via a group edit) and change the album artist field to show "various artists" or "misc. artists" or whatever value you desire. This would allow you to keep the original album and artist name. At most, you would have to change what sorting options you have in the library to see this effect take place. I use this method to organize albums that have multiple artists on them; if I don't, then iTunes makes a separate album for each artist and my library becomes very disorganized.