Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccsicecoke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
title_backsoon1.gif

Lion?
New MacBook Air?
Can't wait...

pnau

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
I think it only happens to prepare for a release during the week... Lion perhaps?

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
putting everything up, till they flip the switch for the public... seems early though, usually its sunday night, not saturday night... (hopeful skeptic).

Typswif2fingers

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Dubai, UAE
I am still waiting for the email informing that the Lion is out...

This is probably just maintenance..

They had the "store down" page about two weeks ago without any changes afterwards...

Could be wrong though (hope I am), will see soon :)

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
I just don't see this as being the foreshadowing of the release of Lion or anything else that is major. Maybe they'll add something tiny.

With the overnight thing happening from the 13th into the morning of the 14th, it only makes sense that Lion and whatever else (Macbook Air hopefully) is all released that day. I mean why else would they schedule an overnighter?

Maybe they're going to promote a sale on their current Macbook Airs to clear out old inventory until the 14th?

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
you wonder if they ever do it just to screw with us? Say Steve, Tim, and Jonny are hanging out at Steve's house kicking back a few beers, one of them suggests it be real funny to see the rumors start flying if they shut down the Apple store for an hour or so. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.