Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Quick question for those of you have Verizon's LTE mifi devices...

Please remember that this is not for people who have Verizon's Smartphones and tether.

I am thinking about buying Samsung's 4G Mifi device for my wi-fi iPad and laptop.

Verizon's LTE is blazingly fast and my iPhone 4's 3G speed is nowhere near it.

My question is...

The monthly bill costs 50 dollars a month for 5GB and 80 dollars a month for 10GB.

Do any of you have one of these plans and get discount on your monthly bill?

I have a job that allows me to get discount thru my AT&T's cellphone plan, but I am not sure about Broadband plans. Please help.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So, it is true that if I sign up for 50 dollars plan, I will 15% off on my bill thru my employee discount? My company get 15% off on monthly plan with Verizon.

Chillenout

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah, that's right.

I've had my mifi for a little over a month, and have already had to suffer thru an outage, but LTE is still new so there's going to be sporadic outages until they get the kinks out.

Also, I only use my wifi at home, but I've heard that people who take the mifi out of a LTE covered area have a really hard time getting LTE back once they're in a covered area

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.