PDA

View Full Version : Here is something i liked to add about the Ipad2 and it socalled Accessories items

henry2
Jul 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
When i upgraded to the Ipad2 model i bought a smart cover & a few other access items items along with i finding out i did not like the whole smart cover idea and a couple of the whole cover the ipad combo unit's that some of the company's had put out for the ipad2 ..

What i really wanted in the long run after useing the other products on the ipad through a trial & error testing time frame was a simple hard rubber cover for the back like i had for the Ipad First Generation model i had.. That i had spent money on product's that i did not need in the long run .

Now i searched long and hard for a simple hard rubber case for me to hold onto when i was holding it in my hands.and i think i found one after seeing one on a friends ipad that he got off of Amazon and holding it and playing around with it for a few mins on my ipad2 and i going to send off for it and i give you a review after a couple of week's of useing it

It a simple hard rubberized back cover that has super hard rubberized gripping surface and the right cut outs for the diff areas for the ipad2 to fuction

I know this sound's silly to some out there but i'm not a big fan of the socalled case of the otterbox and other's because of the way they are the ipad and the grip ..I have RA in my hands and at times i found a basic hard rubber back cover was the best gripping surface for me to hold the ipad when it out of the bag i have for it ...

Plus i clean the screen every time i put the ipad away in it bag so the socalled screen unit's i do not use along with a good carrying case to tote it around outside the house on a daily business ..

So i let you know what i find out on the one case here in a few weeks of testing it ..

bobright
Jul 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
not sure where you are going with this post....lol

but im looking for a hard plastic/rubber type case myself that is slim with an open front/bezel

do you have pics of what you purchased?? also would it work with a full body skin?

henry2
Jul 10, 2011, 08:50 PM
I have the first model ipad that apple bought out last year and i found simple hard rubber back cover case ..So when i bought the ipad2 everyone was taking about the smart cover and how it worked and figure i try that first..

But it did not work as well for me and a few other product's i bought as well where not working out as planned because of not haveing a good gripping surface for me to hold onto when i holding them ..

The gumdrop case is just to much for me and i was wanting a simple hard rubber back cover case like i had on the first ipad ..

As a person with RA gripping surface is a very inportant area of the protecting the ipad when holding it or moveing it from the case to the table or moveing around the room with it ..

So i was talking to me friends at one of the meeting dureing the testing of a new RA medication that we where asked to take and i bought up the subect of the ipad2 and the gripping problem i was haveing ..When one person who a friend in the group pull's his ipad out of the bag and let me see the case he has on it ..It a Acase Ipad2 slimfit snap on case for the ipad2 model ..

As a member of a RA test group i love the ipad because it easly to use when my RA is acting up and my hands are not working as well as they should i can still use the ipad without alot of problems with me working the simple touch screne set up the ipad has.

bobright
Jul 10, 2011, 09:37 PM
That looks nice where could one purchase?

And so does it fit with a full body skin?

henry2
Jul 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
I bought my off of Amazon for around $16.oo dollars total with shipping and handleing

bobright
Jul 11, 2011, 03:23 PM
I bought my off of Amazon for around $16.oo dollars total with shipping and handleing
Can you link me to it there are hundreds of cases on amazon....

preisslers
Jul 12, 2011, 12:32 PM
A very simple search yielded the following:

http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-Rubberized-Polycarbonate-Compatible-Companion/dp/B004YWIJSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310491668&sr=8-1

Looks to be the same case.