Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pheelyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Arkansas
I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue I'm having with iBooks.
I bought a book last year when the iPad first came out and it doesn't show up in the new purchase history section of the app.

I checked to see if the book was still in the store and it is. It seems to be a different version since the book cover is different and is being sold for a cheaper price. I clicked on it to buy to see if it would recognize I already purchased it and it wanted me to pay for it again.

I emailed iTunes support and they basically told me that I had to make sure to keep my iBooks purchases backed up. Now imagine my surprise after Apple has already revealed iCloud as being a permanent backup of all of our purchases.

So basically just warning everyone out there to back up all of your iBooks. You never know when they may change out the version of the book you bought and remove your ability to re-download it in the future. I backed mine up to Dropbox, which is sad because now I have to use Dropbox for something that iCloud was supposed to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.