Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
I'm a complete noob with the Master Collection besides Photoshop, but I'm going to learn!

Anyway, what are some cool things I could do these applications? Give me some ideas :)!

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
You can make a video that goes viral, becomes a social meme, and catapults you into fame and riches.

Ready?

Go!

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
maybe he dl'ed the whole package ;)

Ya think? Hmmmm... unless they were rich, I doubt anyone would pay over $2000 for software if they didn't know what they were going to do with it. Just saying... :confused:

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Ya think? Hmmmm... unless they were rich, I doubt anyone would pay over $2000 for software if they didn't know what they were going to do with it. Just saying... :confused:

I got out of the military and I receive Vocational Rehab which pays for anything you need / want in a 2 year period (your tax dollars at work). I haven't started receiving mine yet but when I do trust me I will be getting this software and anything else I feel I might want.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
My school actually deals with graphic designing and photography. The kicker is that you need to have at least 2 years at the school before you can start taking classes, and I'm completing my second year when the season starts up again in September. They let you download the software early, so that's why I have it. Since I'm on summer break, I figured I might as well occupy some time and learn the ropes of it. So again my question stands, what are some simple, cool things you can do with these programs? :p

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
I got out of the military and I receive Vocational Rehab which pays for anything you need / want in a 2 year period (your tax dollars at work). I haven't started receiving mine yet but when I do trust me I will be getting this software and anything else I feel I might want.

Tax dollars I'm happy to pay, thank you :)

Use the money wisely though... I would advise a Lynda.com membership.

OP: Try some celestial art, get bored, forget about CS5.... ha

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
They let you download the software early, so that's why I have it.

Wow, you must pay a hell of a tuition. I don't know of ANY school that allows you to have CS MASTER suite for free. My school required that we buy CS CREATIVE suite at a student discount, but we certainly didn't get it free, nor were we required to buy the whole master suite. Isn't that like over $1500 with a student discount?

What can you do with it? If you have to ask, then you probably aren't ready to use it. Maybe that is the best place for you to start? Research what each one of the programs do, then jump on lynda.com and let the fun begin. By the way, there is no way you are going to learn ALL of the programs over the rest of the summer. Pick one and go with that.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Wow, you must pay a hell of a tuition. I don't know of ANY school that allows you to have CS MASTER suite for free. My school required that we buy CS CREATIVE suite at a student discount, but we certainly didn't get it free, nor were we required to buy the whole master suite. Isn't that like over $1500 with a student discount?

What can you do with it? If you have to ask, then you probably aren't ready to use it. Maybe that is the best place for you to start? Research what each one of the programs do, then jump on lynda.com and let the fun begin. By the way, there is no way you are going to learn ALL of the programs over the rest of the summer. Pick one and go with that.

I had some friends at a local art school that had the CS5 master preinstalled on the MBPs that were "included" with tuition. ha.

OP: In all seriousness, if you really want to get any sort of grasp on anything, I would follow THX's advice. Get the Lynda membership and focus on one program. I would say Photoshop is the easiest/most common jumping-in point, not to mention the most practical for day-to-day.

Experiment, do tutorials, whatever. I got started by making "sigs" for forum members in Battlefield 1942 (PC) forums I participated in like 10 years ago. From there I started to make static websites with iframes and basic HTML/CSS just for fun and just build them locally, I never even hosted any!

I have learned 95% of what I know of the CS suite by myself or on the job. For what it's worth.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
Cool, thanks for the responses guys!

I think I'm going to do it old school until I can take classes. Practice makes perfect, and I can always teach myself, which I think I'm going to actually do. Off to the tutorials!

iphonepiephone

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
I ---> :D <--- LOL'd and --->:rolleyes:<--- rolled!

Oh yeah... meant to say... just took delivery of my speedboat, but would someone show me how to drive it, please? :(

eUnique

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
In OP's defense I will doing the exact same thing.

I know nothing about CS5 master suite, but I'm going to buy it for 600 (what a deal right) because I know there are thousands and thousands of less talented people making money on CS5. :cool:

2 cents

jegi

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
USA
Design a Vector Logo in Adobe Illustrator

Design a Vector Logo in Adobe Illustrator for my south of Boston-based, Ultimate Frisbee club team, the "Witness Protection Program." Must be vector only, no bitmaps.

Post it on this forum as a PDF.

Thank you for your service,
J. Invencio

sweetie81

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Here's what I'll be doing, although no Master suite as I don't need that all.

Prepare a photo in Photoshop which then goes into InDesign to create a magazine which I'll be creating for my blog followers. This will then migrated into Dreamweaver for the website where the copy will go into Acrobat X which will then be sent as PDF via email distribution list.

As you've got the master suite you can also work with video and use flash for an even better web experience.

Pretty much everything is possible. Not sure if I can insert an InDesign file directly in Acrobat X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.