Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
Hi, I am running a Graphite iMac DVSE with OSX.1 and recently my screen has started to "shudder". Is this most likely a hardware fault, or is it possibly fixed with Jaguar?

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
Well the screen moves in places from side to side eg. if there is a straight line down the screen it will appear wavy and appear to bend side to side even though it is stationary.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
have you recently moved the computer around at all? when i flipped my imac over to put in more ram, the upper right hand corner (not the rest oddly enough) flickered for about a week. the bottom right hand corner is now a little bit lower than my bottom left hand corner, but it's not really noticible. you may have jiggled something in there and it could be your problem. make sure that you have the latest firmware update as well.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
Does the CRT dying thing happen a lot? Where can i Get the latest firmware and what is it im looking for?
Thanks for your help

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
i think that the 10.1 cd may have the necessary firmware updates on it. i believe that for the dvse the latest is 4.19 and you'll have to boot into os9 to install it. make sure that you look at the readme to ensure that it's the right update for your model.

you can always pick it up in the ftp://ftp.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/iMac/
directory of the apple ftp site (i think that the dvse uses 4.19, but it does not seem to be in the british section so i gave the link to the us one, you can go back a couple of directories and select british or international english)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.