Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OmniChinchilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
on the internet
So I finally got my iPad2 and used JBME to JB it. I wanted to restore because of course I went cydia crazy for a bit and wanted to do it before 4.3.4 comes out. So I restored and when I did, my battery was stuck at 100%. The gauge never goes down (little battery icon or the percentage).

Please don't post anything like, "lol, omg you have the best battery life, what's the problem :) ? JK" That's not helping anyone and I have seen more of those answers in forums about this than legit ones.

Here's what I did so far to try and remedy it.

Restore to fresh iPad - stuck at 100%
Restore to backup - stuck at 98%

Of course I tried all the powering down methods first.

Has this happened to anyone else with an ipad2? I see plenty of posts in many forums about it but there is no real answers, just people giving other the same generic advice you would get if you called Apple. I even called Apple and the over friendly employee told me they never heard of this, which I don't trust.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. I am going to try to let it power down all the way until it shuts off and recharge it all night, then repeat and see if that works.

This is my first post here, so I hope it goes well. Take care.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Yeah run the battery down until the iPad turns off then plug it in and let it fully charge. That should recalibrate the battery. If that doesn't work then take it to an Apple store and see what they have to say about it.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Anyway, it's not the end of the world. I am going to try to let it power down all the way until it shuts off and recharge it all night, then repeat and see if that works.

This is my first post here, so I hope it goes well. Take care.

Run the battery down until the iPad turns off then plug it in and let it fully charge. That should recalibrate the battery.

He already said he was going to try this. That would have been my suggestion as well though if he had not said he was already doing it. Hopefully that works. Recalibrating the battery does seem to fix battery meter issues if a restart does not fix them (which it usually does).

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
He already said he was going to try this. That would have been my suggestion as well though if he had not said he was already doing it. Hopefully that works. Recalibrating the battery does seem to fix battery meter issues if a restart does not fix them (which it usually does).

Yeah I missed the end bit when reading it, Already edited.

OmniChinchilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
on the internet
I hope it works because this is my third ipad2, the other two were also defective but they had cosmetic flaws. Disappointing. I will post my results either tomorrow or the next day.

OmniChinchilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
on the internet
Update

OK, here's an update on my issue a few days later.

I restored one more time but first I removed the .ispw for 4.3.3 so when I did the restore I would have to download a new one from apple. This seems to have fixed it. Maybe the first download of the .ispw was corrupt, not sure but it is ok now.

The file is in a hidden folder so you will have to:

Go to terminal and paste this (without quotes) "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE"

Change TRUE to FALSE if you want to hide them again.

then

"killall Finder" to relaunch the finder, or you can do it from the force quit menu or restart your comp. You have to do this in order to see the hidden folders.

To find your .ispw go to:
computer name>Library>iTunes>iPad Software Updates

Delete this and try to restore again (obviously not if you use jailbreaking because 4.3.4 came out yesterday)

Well, I hope this helps someone, sometime, somewhere

Peace

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.