Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
there is this contest on this one web site i go to and you can only vote once well i know its wrong but i want to cheat
i found if you delete on cookie you can vote 2 or more
so my question is is it possible to make a apple script to delete this one cookie in safari then make it click the vote link and repeat that cause it is tiring to try to do it so many times
and if not applescript what about something else?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Anarchy99 said:
there is this contest on this one web site i go to and you can only vote once well i know its wrong but i want to cheat
i found if you delete on cookie you can vote 2 or more
so my question is is it possible to make a apple script to delete this one cookie in safari then make it click the vote link and repeat that cause it is tiring to try to do it so many times
and if not applescript what about something else?

not sure about applescript, but it could be done with a perl or php. the problem being your ip address would show mutiple visits and you would be caught and the results thrown out. the only way around that is to use a program to modulate proxy servers that would cloak yourself which they would probably catch on to as well. either way, if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.