Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigmac2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hi I just got a macbook pro and I`m new to osx.
My first post here:)
My question

I downloaded an album using xtorren

When downloading the albums stays under the downloads folder.

Then when the album is finished downloading, I open itunes The album is already there. Looks like the album is copied to the itunes folder without prompting. How come?

I think it is annoying. How can I stop this? I want to add stuff to itunes manually

hope someone can help. thanks

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
It sounds to me like you are discovering the itunes copy of the file as soon a you open itunes? As in, you have done nothing with your downloaded file (except download it) and then it's automatically in itunes already?

If that's the case, it's probably a preference in your torrent program, where it automatically shares finished downloads with itunes (at least in the case of music), so I would look through the preferences of the torrent software to find that setting and change it.

bigmac2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
It sounds to me like you are discovering the itunes copy of the file as soon a you open itunes? As in, you have done nothing with your downloaded file (except download it) and then it's automatically in itunes already?

Yes. First time mac user, and I didn`t know. But yes,the torrent program linked the finished files to itunes. Found the preferences to deactivate it. Now I`m happy!

Thank you so much guyes. Appreciate all the help
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.