PDA

View Full Version : stop itunes automatically adding files

bigmac2011
Jul 12, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hi I just got a macbook pro and I`m new to osx.
My first post here:)
My question

I downloaded an album using xtorren

When downloading the albums stays under the downloads folder.

Then when the album is finished downloading, I open itunes The album is already there. Looks like the album is copied to the itunes folder without prompting. How come?

I think it is annoying. How can I stop this? I want to add stuff to itunes manually

hope someone can help. thanks

Jolly Jimmy
Jul 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Copy files to iTunes...

Sackvillenb
Jul 12, 2011, 09:58 AM
It sounds to me like you are discovering the itunes copy of the file as soon a you open itunes? As in, you have done nothing with your downloaded file (except download it) and then it's automatically in itunes already?

If that's the case, it's probably a preference in your torrent program, where it automatically shares finished downloads with itunes (at least in the case of music), so I would look through the preferences of the torrent software to find that setting and change it.

bigmac2011
Jul 12, 2011, 12:06 PM
It sounds to me like you are discovering the itunes copy of the file as soon a you open itunes? As in, you have done nothing with your downloaded file (except download it) and then it's automatically in itunes already?

Yes. First time mac user, and I didn`t know. But yes,the torrent program linked the finished files to itunes. Found the preferences to deactivate it. Now I`m happy!

Thank you so much guyes. Appreciate all the help
:)

quasinormal
Jul 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
from the xtorrent site;

iTunes integration.
Xtorrent 2 works great with iTunes, automatically exporting audio and video files, so they can be synced with your iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV.

http://www.xtorrentp2p.com/