Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I was cleaning out my library to make room for new tunes when I realized I was screwing up. Occasionally I accidentally answered "No" when it asked if it wanted me to move it to the trash. Now I have who knows how many tunes on my HD but not in my iTunes library (although they ARE in the library folder.) So I want to clean out those tunes. I figured there would be an Applescript for this but I have yet to find it. Does anyone know of one?

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
DavidLeblond said:
I figured there would be an Applescript for this but I have yet to find it. Does anyone know of one?
You could just delete the iTunes library files, and rescan. Much less hassle (though you'll lose playcounts and ratings). iTunes really isn't good enough with regard absentee files to do without a nuking every now and again.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Loge said:
Does this do what you want? The script is called List Music Folder Files Not Added. Get it to search from the root folder of your library, and it should include all subfolders. At least it should tell you what the files are, leaving it to you to do the deletions.

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=listnotadded

Hey that might actually work! Thanks! I'll try it when I get home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.