PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm new to this!

ThirtyThr33
Jul 12, 2011, 10:47 PM
I just bought a PowerBook G4 and the keyboard is messed up. When typing, I type an "o" and it types a "6" and when I type an "I" it's a 5. It seems like some kind of number pad setup when I view keyboard viewer on screen. How do I fix this?

PowerGamerX
Jul 12, 2011, 10:53 PM
I just bought a PowerBook G4 and the keyboard is messed up. When typing, I type an "o" and it types a "6" and when I type an "I" it's a 5. It seems like some kind of number pad setup when I view keyboard viewer on screen. How do I fix this?

there should be a key that has the words "Num Lock" printed on it

press the FN key in the lower left of your keyboard and that other key at the same time.

mgartner0622
Jul 12, 2011, 11:05 PM
there should be a key that has the words "Num Lock" printed on it

press the FN key in the lower left of your keyboard and that other key at the same time.

Actually, even on PowerPC laptops modifier keys still work by default without pressing the function key.

Try hitting the num lock button as mentioned above. On that keyboard it should be almost exactly at the top center, in the row of little keys.

PowerGamerX
Jul 12, 2011, 11:07 PM
Actually, even on PowerPC laptops modifier keys still work by default without pressing the function key.

Try hitting the num lock button as mentioned above. On that keyboard it should be almost exactly at the top center, in the row of little keys.

Couldn't remember. It's been a while. :o