Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I have decided to learn Color now I have a camera that produces a nice enough image to be colour graded.

However, I have found that all the tutorials I have read and watched seem to be about balancing colour between shots and getting the optimum exposure for each shot. Whilst I realise these are important I already know quite a bit of this from photography and I am looking for some more sylised approaches to colour grading.

One that I wanted to achieve was a coloured split toned look similar to what I can achieve in Lightroom with my photos. Below are a before and after photo showing what the effect does.

Before:

screenshot20110713at124.png

After:

screenshot20110713at124k.png

These affects are achieved by selecting a colour for the highlights and shadows from the split toning panel and then reducing the saturation and altering the balance until the desired effect is achieved.

If anyone knows of some more stylised approach to colour grading tutorials for Color then please share as I am looking to give some more "funky" looks to the films that I make.

Thanks for the help!

TheNightPhoenix

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2005
I sat the color certification, but i really didn't find out how to get the most form color till I found http://www.coloruser.net/

They have a ton of pre set grades, by loading them up it really helped me learn how different effects are achieved, and helped me build up my own library of effects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.